Ghirardelli chocolate sauce problem

espresso2rm

Jul 13, 2005
Visit site
Has anyone noticed with the Sweet Ground Choc sauce that the last bit of sauce clumps quite a bit at the bottom and there seems to be quite a bit of waste of product and time getting it out?

Does anyone have a solution for this problem? I have been heating the 64oz jug on top of my espresso machine and that loosens it up a bit however I'm concerned about the sugars maybe being broken down and the flavor compromised? This for whatever reason seems to only happen with Chocolate and not caramel or white choc.

Thank you for your help in advance.

Rob

Muddycup

Dec 4, 2005
New York
Visit site
this problem happens with all the brands, the pump doesn't always reach the bottom and it clumps. we use guittard.

I hate waist so what we do is when we get to the bottom of the container and it won't pump anymore I will microwave for 30 seconds (it doesn't seem to affect the taste) and pour into a 16oz coffee cup and put a sipper lid on it. It will pour into the cup as I make a mocca or what ever else I am making. (you can spoon it out of the cup if you want also). Granted it can be messy but I generally get another 5-10 drinks out of the leftover!

espresso2rm

Jul 13, 2005
Visit site
Pump problem

Jim,
Thanks. Pretty much the same what I'm doing. Letting that jug sit atop my espresso machine while I load another jug up with the pump. Then once it slows down someone will pour or scoop out into a squeeze bottle for decoration on hot lattes or blendeds.

On Guittard, why did you go that route instead of anyone else? I like Guittard however it takes an act of Congress to get it to my area. I assume you don't have that same issue?

Thanks again Jim for your time.

Robert Medina
Espresso!

Muddycup

Dec 4, 2005
New York
Visit site
I used to use torani, then my vendor came to me and said they were going to carry guittard, so I checked it out,

1. I liked the larger bottle have to change it less often
( I also at one store have 2 of each with a pump ready to go)
2. Price was aprx the same
3. better tasting product

I guess I was lucky that my vendor decided to carry it.

remember if you use alot of product you maybe able to convice your vendor to get it in.

espresso2rm

Jul 13, 2005
Visit site
Well I'll hope to get to that point eventually. I'm only 6 months old so don't have that kind of influence just yet.

Thanks for the time and info Jim.

Robert Mendoza
Espresso!