🏁 Sold Giesen W1A for sale - Price dropped to $10,000, **PHOTOS ADDED**

Headsphonebroke

Mar 27, 2023
New Haven, CT
Visit site
Located in New Haven, CT. Dropped price to $10,000!

****If you are willing to pickup or meet within a few hours drive of New Haven, CT, I am willing to drop the price significantly****

Selling my 2014 Giesen W1A Coffee Roaster (per Giesen, can roast up to 1.5kg per batch - I'd recommend 1.2 kg max for best results). This is set up for propane right now, but can be switched to natural gas. For electrical, it’s 230V 1.6A. I will also include a heavy duty extension cord that plugs into a standard dryer outlet for ease of setup for the new owner. See photos for plug reference (white plug is current roaster plug, the larger black plug is able to plug into a common dryer outlet). Obviously you can get an electrician to wire the original plug at your location, I just happened to have a dryer outlet nearby but just out of reach from where my venting was located, so I purchased this adapter extension from an RV store. Made in the Netherlands, this machine has been stateside and was gone over by Giesen in PA a little over a year ago per the last owner - pretty clean and very little physical wear. I took close up photos of some scuff marks and discoloration in the cooking tray from bean oils - not bad looking for a roughly 8.5 year old machine!

The roaster works great - fires up and functions as expected. There is an Ethernet port on the machine which potentially can connect to software. Unfortunately after purchasing this from the last owner, I found out that this cannot be used with the Giesen Profiler software. However, it should be able to be used with Artisan or other programs possibly, but I cannot guarantee it since I only tracked my roasts by pen and paper. The only reason I'm selling this roaster is because I have a 5kg Diedrich, and was keeping this as a backup when I moved my business into a new space - but I don't have a use for it now.

I’m including extra/previously used parts as pictured. I believe these are all used and were swapped out (so these may be non-functioning) but may help for swap out to natural gas. The roaster was set up for propane when I got it, which is my fuel source, so I’m unsure what, if anything else, is needed to do so to switch over. Giesen has an office in Pennsylvania, and I’m sure you could find out from them.

I have a manual which came with this, but it’s not very useful as the info is not well translated and the control interface is different. That said, I have a manual for a different machine (W6A) that I got from Giesen that does show the same controls as this W1A, so other than some minor differences like size, is more helpful in giving instructions for those unfamiliar with operating a Giesen.

Local pickup preferred, but willing to meet halfway. If you're within 12 hours drive of New Haven, CT, shoot me a message and we can probably work something out - I need to move this to make space in my shop.

Attachments

• IMG_8379.JPG
    IMG_8379.JPG
    438.4 KB · Views: 143
  • IMG_8380.JPG
    IMG_8380.JPG
    382.9 KB · Views: 118
  • IMG_8386.JPG
    IMG_8386.JPG
    590.7 KB · Views: 112
  • IMG_8387.JPG
    IMG_8387.JPG
    623.1 KB · Views: 99
  • IMG_8388.JPG
    IMG_8388.JPG
    538.7 KB · Views: 96
  • IMG_8389.JPG
    IMG_8389.JPG
    476.2 KB · Views: 94
  • IMG_8391.JPG
    IMG_8391.JPG
    264.1 KB · Views: 91
  • IMG_8393.JPG
    IMG_8393.JPG
    270.9 KB · Views: 91
  • IMG_8384.JPG
    IMG_8384.JPG
    604.3 KB · Views: 90
  • IMG_8383.JPG
    IMG_8383.JPG
    528.5 KB · Views: 107
Last edited:

Headsphonebroke

Mar 27, 2023
New Haven, CT
Visit site
UPDATED - Price dropped to $10k. Local pickup preferred, but I am looking to move this soon to make space in my shop. If you're within 12 hours drive of New Haven, CT and interested, shoot me a message. I'm willing to drive a bit to make this happen.

Headsphonebroke

Mar 27, 2023
New Haven, CT
Visit site
**I also have a DS-12 Destoner that I'm willing to sell as a package deal along with the Giesen for $12k total. I bought it brand new last September, and it's only been gently used for small micro roastery destoning 1-2 days a week, only a few runs each of those days. Same pickup/meet halfway conditions apply as I wrote above - but always open to hear any offers**

Latest posts