Good, small, commercial espresso machine

CCafe

Aug 11, 2004
Des Moines, Iowa
Visit site
If your looking for cheap 1 or 2 group your options are limited to what you consider cheap.

Nuova Simonelli's Appia 1 group new lists for $3,400 if you don't buy a volumetric machine. The volumetric lists for $4,150 just so you can have press it and forget it dosing. The 2 groups start around 5K.

Its pretty much like this across the board with Rancilio, Pavoni, and Cimbali. On top of that a commercial machine was designed to have routine maintenance preformed as well as having soft filtered water supplied to it at all times.

It doesn't mater if you use it once a day or 300 times a day, ever 4 - 6 months you need to replace a couple o-rings.

Lisabeeen

Feb 14, 2008
Visit site
i ADORE my rancilio S27....it is semi commercial i suppose...BIG tho! 95 pounds...very reliable......may not be easy to find one in great shape.....

CCafe

Aug 11, 2004
Des Moines, Iowa
Visit site
Ahhh....... the days of the S series. I really do think Rancilio has stepped away from that type of quality with the new machines. I'm glad to hear you have a S27, make sure you keep up on the PM's. It will be a sad day when your little guy gives up the ghost.