Got Geisha, now what?

SpicyRiceTea

Jan 30, 2020
Visit site
Hi everyone!
I got a small sample of Geisha (around 16g) while buying some other coffee from Amor Perfecto.
What would be the best way to consume it given that I probably won't be able to dial it in optimally?
I was thinking a French Press would be a safe bet.
Any advice?
Thanks!

S

SmallFry

Hi everyone!
I got a small sample of Geisha (around 16g) while buying some other coffee from Amor Perfecto.
What would be the best way to consume it given that I probably won't be able to dial it in optimally?
Any advice?
Thanks!
The French Press is pretty forgiving.

S

SmallFry

Pour over is the best way
I don't disagree, but there's only one coffee sample, and no opportunity for a do-over. I think the French press is more forgiving. You can taste the brew prior to pressing to see if it's ready.

wstsider

May 24, 2019
Visit site
Never really tried a French press but as you know there’s a lot of factors that go into brewing a great cup of coffee! The date of the roast, where the coffee has been kept and so on. Don’t know how long you’ve had that coffee but if you’ve had it for a while you won’t see any bloom on it and if you don’t see any bloom in it then that means the coffee isn’t fresh any more because it lacks oxygen.

S

SmallFry

Hi everyone!
Any advice?
Thanks!
So, did you drink the coffee?

If, so... how was it?