GOV breaks for women

Baugo

Nov 24, 2006
Visit site
OK my roasting business is underway. Now, after we get well established, we were contemplating the idea of opening a cafe'. If we start that under my wifes name, the SBA(GOV) has special grants for women. Does anyone know if there are any laws against me owning a Roastery and my wife owning a Cafe'? Of course she will get my beans, I would not think so, but it never hurts to get a heads up before we poke around :)

As a post note; WE HAD A BLAST AT COFFEE FEST CHICAGO!!!!!!!!
We tried "Malabar Gold" nice, not at all what I excpected. And we tried the Redline Espresso "NICE JOB" Metropolis..

John P

Jan 5, 2007
Salt Lake City
Visit site
The SBA used to have a much easier route on some specific micro-loans for businesses that were majority owned by women. Last time, we just went the traditional route (early '06) because they had since phased that out.

I would do a thorough search of the SBA website and see if they have any new programs that you can use to your advantage.
Also speak to your local lender, or local small business association, and they can probably point you in the right direction.

Baugo

Nov 24, 2006
Visit site
Thanks John I will do some reading asap. Either way its time to get a bigger building. We are not ready for a Cafe', however, it is on the back burner. I was just curious about the legalities surrounding Me owning a roastery and the wife a coffee shop. And of course about grants. Cheers...