great wholesale roaster in Michigan?

echandra

Jul 7, 2006
Visit site
I am planning on opening a coffee shop in southern Michigan. I am in the middle of looking for a Michigan roaster who is a wholesale supplier. I know the importance of having a reliable roaster with a QUALITY product so I am taking my time to find the right fit. In an ideal situation, this supplier would also have other quality products (a one-stop-shop) like espresso machines, airpot brewers, teas, syrups, etc. I am also picky about these things, too : ) If anyone has any advice on finding a Michigan roaster or knows of a great one I can contact I would be forever grateful!

cafemakers

Nov 3, 2004
Visit site
I suggest that you contact Zingermans Coffee Company; in full disclosure, they are a client of mine, but also the best coffee that I have sampled in the State (I'm from Michigan, have family there and return there regularly for both business and personal reasons.)

The better coffee shops in SE lower Michigan (of whom there are few) tend to favor coffee from the Chicago roasters, which is also an option.

Best,

Andrew

echandra

Jul 7, 2006
Visit site
Thanks so much for the info! I'll check into Zingermans wholesale. That's interesting about Chicago roasters, too! Living in the AA area, it's unfortunate I've never tried Zingermans for anything other than bread.

Erin

javaluva

May 15, 2005
USA
Visit site
Try Paramount Coffee Co. in Lansing Michigan. They are a employee owned company, also what about Chicago Coffee Roasters. Female owned. Good Luck.

PA COFFEE CO

Nov 20, 2006
Visit site
I too am opening a coffee shop/cart. Why don't you check out Kiva Han in Cranberry Twp. PA, unless you are set on Michigan. I am definately going with Kiva Han. Kiva Han roast 100% arabica and their coffee tastes awesome. They also deal in equipment and smoothie products. they are currently doing business in 48 states.
Check them out and tell them I sent you.

allpowersfall

Dec 21, 2006
Chicago
Visit site
Chicago Roasters ...

Hi ... I'm new here, but not new to the business. Just decided to drop my thoughts for once, rather than be a voyeur for the remainder of my days. I live in Chicago, have for many many a year ... In Chicago, we have the idea that anything aside from Starbucks is REAL independant GREAT coffee.

Well, it doesn't tend to be.

The most D.I.Y. roaster is the oldest roster in the city.
The oldest roaster is the friendliest roaster in the city.
The friendliest roaster is the most reliable roaster in the city.

Check out [coffee and tea . com]

It's my roaster of choice..

cmdrico7812

Jul 2, 2007
Visit site
I tend to favor Intelligentsia Coffee in Chicago. They have great service and wonderful coffee. Doesn't hurt to order and bag and see how you like it.