Green Coffee Bean Prices

WDJackson

Aug 19, 2007
Visit site
How much should I expect to pay per pound for green coffee beans from Central American origins such Guatemala, Nicaragua or Honduras? I know there can be quite the variation, but was looking for some insight on how much is too much.

Does the price rise per pound if the coffee is Fair Trade, Organic or Shade Grown?

AJPRATT

Mar 7, 2007
Atlantic City, NJ
Visit site
As with many questions posed, there sometimes isn't one answer. To get a better idea, I would check with some of the major importers to get an idea of what you can expect to spend. But als keep in mind that if you buy beans that are substandard and produces a crappy cup, than it doesn't matter how cheap it is.

lizzy

Mar 6, 2006
Visit site
It also depends on how much you are prepared to buy. I pay $1.70 more or less for Central American coffees in a full bag. then there is shipping, which is roughly $40 a bag. organic and fair trade is much more.

JavaNights

Sep 29, 2005
Dallas,Texas
Visit site
With your high volume dealers it all depends on Grade/Spot Price off of the New York Exchange.

What ever the price is on the exchange add approx 50 cents or +more for pound. Depending on region/grade/fair trade/shade grown/ organic, etc

You might get a better price if you order more than one pallet/bag.

Approx 10 bags per pallet.