Green Mountain Roasters Coffee?

richedie

Jan 25, 2005
Visit site
What does everyone think of Green Mountain Roasters?

I live just outside Philadelphia, PA so I was trying to stick with local roasters thinking it may be more fresh but am reading incredible things about GMR and they get great reviews. The Vermont Country Blend and Morning Blend get some of the highest reviews.

Thanks!
-Rich

MtnCity

Apr 6, 2006
Visit site
Need Same Info

I am standing up a coffeehouse in Western MD and want to collect info on Green Mountain Coffee Roasters. Specifically I would like to know if there is a strong house coffee from GMCR that people would highly recommend. thanks!

mcohveca

Aug 21, 2005
PA
Visit site
local roaster

Hello Rich,
I just found your posting, and wanted to say hello! We are a local roaster (based in Collegeville), and would love to get you some samples of our beans.
If you already found a supplier, and just want to talk coffee, feel free to drop me a line any time.
Take care,

Alex

If you want info, just call their 800 number and ask for a coffee bar in your area. They'll be happy to give you a few names. Sort out the convenience stores - they are not going to give you the coffee bar experience you might want to copy.

You can always ask to talk to a sales rep, too. Most companies will talk to prospective customers and share a lot of information.

gmcrgirl

Oct 19, 2006
Visit site
Green Mountain Coffee Roasters

It looks as though I am a little late to reply, but I wanted to put in my two cents. Green Mountain Coffee Roasters is a fabulous company and I HIGHLY recommend them. They are the top selling double certified Fair Trade coffee roasters. They serve a quality product and will go out of their way to make sure that you are happy with the product. I could go on and on about all of the wonderful things they do, including working with Heifer International (fights world hunger), Newmans and the National Wildlife Federation. When you buy from them, your money is going to help the coffee growers that live in underdeveloped countries, they also encourage localization as well as working with globalization!

~Alissa

ElPugDiablo

GMCR has a full range of coffees. From Gas station coffee to the very best. At the top end, though I don't know if they are for wholesale to coffeehouses, they have great stuff. One of their recent offering 2006 Best of Panama Elida Estate Reserve is out of this world.

dscrimp

Jan 24, 2007
Visit site
I tried their Kenyan AA and thought it was incredible. One of the best smelling coffees I ever tried. I''m usually a Community Cafe Special drinker.
Dave

dscrimp

Jan 24, 2007
Visit site
I tried their Kenyan AA and thought it was incredible. One of the best smelling coffees I ever tried. I''m usually a Community Cafe Special drinker.
Dave

haytoniaho

Jun 21, 2006
NJ
Visit site
Re: local roaster

mcohveca said:
Hello Rich,
I just found your posting, and wanted to say hello! We are a local roaster (based in Collegeville), and would love to get you some samples of our beans.
If you already found a supplier, and just want to talk coffee, feel free to drop me a line any time.
Take care,

Alex

Do you by any chance supply to Lou's Too in Trappe, PA? They have the best coffee and yea im pretty sure i remembered reading on the menu that it was Green Mountain Coffee! WOW!

michael b.

Feb 15, 2007
Visit site
I''ve had the kenya AA as well its great. Nice and bold. Great aroma to ;) If my wife could drink coffee right now she would but she at least loves when i brew a pot of this the whole house smells great.

I also personally like Green Mountain. Good coffee company.

michael b.

jrfuda

Jun 28, 2007
San Antonio, TX, USA
Visit site
GMCR Lake and Lodge = Great House Coffee for your shop!

I''m a big GMCR fan. My favorite \"all around\" roast/blend is their Lake and Lodge. I think it would make an outstanding house blend for anyone''s coffee shop.

wingw

Jan 27, 2009
Visit site
Hi, though I used to just buy coffee from Starbucks like most people, I've started to read this forum recently and bought a Aeropress recommended in a few threads. Anyways, I want to try the Kenya AA recommended here, but I searched in Green Mountain's website and all they have for the Kenya AA is in k-cups. Am I looking at the wrong place?

Also, can someone recommend a grinder that's good for use with an aeropress? Thanks in advance =)

The Kenya AA is there in a bag. Just look under the single origin coffees. it also looks like they went to a farm identified approach, so it is listed as...

Kenyan Highland Cooperatives

not Kenya AA. I can't tell for certain if that means they changed the origin of the coffee, but I would guess it does. They have a pretty good commitment to coffee growers and try to buy more direct than on the open market.