Green Sumatra Beans business !!!

noradism

Sep 10, 2003
Visit site
Hi guys,

My brother and i are thinking of bringing in some of the finest Sumatra/Celebes/Java/ Papua green beans directly from the islands. I have no experience in coffee biz. but I'm passionate about coffee...

I'm looking to do only wholesale to professional roasters or retailer shops. Can anyone of you tell me at what conditions I can sell green coffee beans, what's the reasonable price wholesale customers would buy, ? Let me know what I should know or do. Or if you're interested, we can discuss it further.

I appreciate your in-puts

Regards,

noradism

High Peaks Java

Dec 3, 2003
Glens Falls, NY
Visit site
noradism said:
Hi guys,

My brother and i are thinking of bringing in some of the finest Sumatra/Celebes/Java/ Papua green beans directly from the islands. I have no experience in coffee biz. but I'm passionate about coffee...

I'm looking to do only wholesale to professional roasters or retailer shops. Can anyone of you tell me at what conditions I can sell green coffee beans, what's the reasonable price wholesale customers would buy, ? Let me know what I should know or do. Or if you're interested, we can discuss it further.

I appreciate your in-puts

Regards,

noradism

Hello noradism,

From my experience, Organic and Fair Trade varieties should be under $2.00USD, except for decaf.

I have no experience with uncertified green beans. I'm guessing the price on general market arabica beans would be about half that.

HTH

-Derek
www.highpeaksjava.com