Grettings! New Kid on the Block (Not the boy band)

fudda02

Jun 6, 2005
Maryville, TN
Visit site
Hello all,

I just wanted to take a moment to let everyone know I've enjoyed reading your post. I have been researching coffee for about 8 months now to prepare to open my own little slice of paradise. The topics that you ' all share are great, and thanks for not holding back information to help others.

Anyway, part of my research as been to travel to other parts of the U.S. and different countries just to see what's going on out there. I will be going out to San Fran in Sept, so if anyone has any great spots that I should check out let me know.

Thanks all,

Fudda02 8)

Fudda's Coffee House

barefoot

Sep 21, 2004
Santa Clara, CA
Visit site
bay area great espresso:

San Francisco:
Cafe Oraganica www.cafe-organica.com
Ritual www.ritualroasters.com

terrible espresso but great atmosphere:
Cafe Triest

South Bay great espresso:
Global Blends in Mountain View 650 castro st
Planet Coffee 1423 14th st San Leandro
Coffee Society www.coffeesociety.com

and we get a few positive compliments from time to time:
Barefoot Coffee Roasters at 5237 stevens creek blvd in Santa Clara, Ca www.barefootcoffeeroasters.com

and this one:
http://siliconvalley.citysearch.com/bestof/results/16

fudda02

Jun 6, 2005
Maryville, TN
Visit site
Hey Barefoot,

Thanks for the locations. So how far are you from the bay area? I would like to check your place out. I've also heard that Berkeley has some good spots as well.

barefoot

Sep 21, 2004
Santa Clara, CA
Visit site
we are in the Bay Area. We are in the south bay. The Bay area is huge with like 6 million people. we are about 40 minutes straight south of San Francisco. here is an ascii map of the bay area:

SF Oakland

San Leandro

Mt View

Santa Clara San Jose

so check out all those places. Also Gaylords in Oakland is decent sometimes. there are tons in SF,Oakland and Berkely but most are pretty 1st wave unpleasant bitter juice.