Grinder for Breville 800?

BettinaL

Dec 4, 2008
Visit site
Hello,

I bought a Breville 800 espresso machine and now need a grinder.

I know that I need a c. burr grinder but the reviews of the machines are so confusing. Some people say very positive things while other people say they are completely unsuitable for espresso.

I don t want to spend more than $100.

THANKS,
Bettina

shadow745

Aug 15, 2005
Central North Carolina
Visit site
Well for that price you can't go wrong with the $90 Capresso Infinity. The only other decent grinder in that price range is the Solis Maestro and the Infinity is better built and has a better burrset than the Maestro. Your Breville uses pressurized baskets so you can get away with a coarser grind. Even if you upgrade to standard non-pressurized baskets the Infinity will suit you well. I have one and occasionally use it on my Pro Line pump machine which utilizes 58mm standard baskets and the Infinity grinds well for it and has more room to grind finer if needed, even for Turkish. On the finest setting the grounds look like baking flour. One more thing...... awhile back I restored an Olympia Cremina lever machine. These things require a very consistent grind and I used the Infinity and had really good results. Can't go wrong for the $$$. Later!

jdthompson

Jan 2, 2009
Visit site
I have the same Breville and I also have $80 worth of gift cards to Starbucks (thanks to stocking stuffers). Can you recommend a grinder I can get at Starbucks that is worth trying? I really don't want $80 worth of Starbucks coffee so was hoping to buy a grinder if they have any that are worth the time.

thanks!

jdthompson

Jan 2, 2009
Visit site
I ended up buying the Breville bur grinder from Macys.com ($89 and free shipping). I love it. I have it dialed in to grind exactly enough espresso every time I press the button. Too cool!