Grindermaster 810 or Bunn G3 for home espresso bar?

Brevvery

Jul 18, 2017
Visit site
I'm tired of plastic gears and repairing a Breville Smart Pro grinder.

That said, what are the pros and cons of these two commercial grinders for home use?

*Grindermaster 810
*Bunn G3

I only make espresso and espresso based drinks. Will these units make a proper espresso?

Thanks in advance for any advice you can provide!

JumpinJakJava

Dec 12, 2011
Thomaston, CT
Visit site
Neither of those grinders would be suitable for consistent grinding for espresso.
They are very good for coffee grinding though.

I would recommend the -Baratza Sette 30 AP Espresso Grinder for home use.
There are many similar price espresso grinders to peruse online.

Like any purchase it is important to check out reviews and feedback.
If money is not a concern, check out commercial espresso grinders.
Mazzer is a very reputable grinder.

Musicphan

May 11, 2014
Kansas City
Visit site
Agree with JJJ... those are bulk grinders for drip coffee. For espresso you need a espresso grinder. If you don't want to jump up to a Mazzer take a look at the Rancilio Rocky as well... nice grinder for the money.

Brevvery

Jul 18, 2017
Visit site
Thanks for the replies.
Limited budget here. I can get one of these for less than $200.

Question: Will either one of these (Grindmaster or Bunn G3) be as good or better than the Breville Smart Pro for espresso?
[h=2][/h]

Musicphan

May 11, 2014
Kansas City
Visit site
Neither the Grindmaster or Bunn have fine enough grinding control for espresso. That's why espresso grinders are designed specifically for espresso and typically are expensive.

Brevvery

Jul 18, 2017
Visit site
For clarity sake, are you saying the only problem with the G3 is the lack of fine adjustment?

Again, will this do as well or better than a Breville grinder?

Brevvery

Jul 18, 2017
Visit site
If money was not an issue, there are many I would choose from. The issue is that I can get a G3 very cheap to replace the Breville. I can also upgrade the G3 with new a turkish burr set if needed.

My main question is: Will the Bunn G3 outperform a Breville grinder for espresso?

Musicphan

May 11, 2014
Kansas City
Visit site
For clarity sake, are you saying the only problem with the G3 is the lack of fine adjustment?

Again, will this do as well or better than a Breville grinder?

Yes... G3's are for drip coffee not espresso - you will not have enough control over the grind settings to accurately adjust for espresso extraction. You need a grinder specifically designed for espresso.