Guatemalan Coffee

daman

Apr 28, 2003
Visit site
My wife just got back from Huehuetenango, Guatemala and wanted to share some photos that she took of both the coffee tree and how her mom roasts the coffee. Mmmmmm Gooood!

IMG_4853.jpg

Coffee Plants on the farm.
IMG_4855.jpg

IMG_4857.jpg

IMG_4856.jpg

IMG_4837.jpg

After picked from the plant they are shelled and roasted.

IMG_4875.jpg

Mmmmmm. Toasty

IMG_4867.jpg

Placed in a basket to cool, and ready to grind.

IMG_4869.jpg

This coffee is very strong. I need to find out what the coffee plant is called in both Spanish and English. Her mom is coming back to the States and we are thinking about taking orders.

CoffeeLover received his first pound from the farm and I am still waiting to hear how he likes it.

G

Fresh Coffee

Those pictures are very NICE, it shows us where coffee comes from and HOW it is made. Tell us Coffee Lover how was the coffee daman gave to you? If it is good it would be nice to know where to get some!! :twisted:

CoffeeLover

Mar 7, 2003
Coffee Shop
Visit site
Thank you Daman + Dawife

Daman, I made another pot of coffee tonight from the pound you gave me. Thank you very much for posting the photos and talking about them.

The coffee is great, the aroma of the coffee is pleasant, and it made for the best coffee I've had in quite some time. I prepared the four cups w/ the two scoops of the coffee grounds, so fine, so soft... Added a little bit of suger and added cream to taste. To tell you the truth I could have enjoyed this cup without the creamer but it went well with my dinner with the added cream :D

Daman, does she import into the US or no?

G

Fantastic.

Yes she does, but since they are directly from the farm there is a limited amount she can carry. We are selling it at $9 per pound straight from Huehuetenango, Guatemala. I will make another post and start taking orders if anyone else is interested. The next shipment is June 12.