Has anyone switched from air to drum? or vice versa??

triple shot

Apr 4, 2006
Visit site
I was just wondering if there are any roasters on this board that were at one time roasting on a fluid bed roaster that switched to a drum or vice versa?? If so were you happy with the change??

I have been using a air roaster but will be switching to a drum style in a few weeks.

triple shot

Apr 4, 2006
Visit site
I have read alot of your posts about the monster, That is what I am currently using. After looking at both Deidrich and Ambex as well as a few others I went with Ambex. It will hopefully be arriving in a few weeks???
Are you sharing your profiles again?? Would like to see them if possible?
I to used some of monsters blends and thought some of them were good, although some were not, STTS was a favorite, although switching from using coffee roasted in a drum to the monster there seems to be something missing. maybe something all that clean air is sweeping right out the vent?? Looking forward to tasting drum roasted to be able to compare side by side>>>

Thanks

triple shot

Apr 4, 2006
Visit site
It is great, more capacity, more flavor, more time not dumping coffee out of that tiny glass chamber.. I have been very pleased so far, still alot to learn about drum roasting but having a ball with it..