Have a Delonghi ESAM3200- Looking to upgrade? Nicer machine? Commercial?

drobins9

Mar 11, 2017
Visit site
Hi, I have a Delonghi ESAM3200 that has worked great (I had to open it up and replace a couple o-rings once) for about 4 years. It is starting to leak a little again, but I'm thinking about upgrading. We use the machine to make at least two drinks a day, often more, so we get our money out of it. I am wondering if there is a better home option that meets my needs, or even if I should consider looking for a used commercial one. Although, I'm not looking to upgrade my wiring, plumb it in, or anything like that. Here is what I would like, in addition to the obvious:

• Bean hopper and grinder built in like the Delonghi has. Bigger is better, but I can live with what the Delonghi holds, whcih isn't a ton.
  • I would love to find one that I can put a 20-ounce paper cup under. Most of them aren't high enough for that.
  • I would love one that I can put milk under and let it froth, rather than hold the can under it and worry about stopping it when it overflows. That probably involves room under it for a larger can/beaker/whatever than the Delonghi allows, and a timer or something similar. I would be open to the ones that slide in a milk canister if (1) it can be removed and stored in the refrigerator, (2) it can make steamed or frothed milk, and (3) it gets hot (I steam to 160).

I have looked around a lot, but most of the home machines I see have a low cup clearance, and it's not clear to me how or how well the steaming function works on them- especially whether I can put something under and have it stop automatically, like the baristas do at Starbucks.

I don't have a set budget. I'm willing to spend some money on it, but not $10k-$20k I am sure the Starbucks-type machines cost.

Any suggests or help you can provide would be greatly appreciated! Thank you!

Melissa.Faulk

Mar 29, 2017
New York
Visit site
If you're looking for something more "commercial" I suggest you look at the Nuova Simonelli Appia 1 group which retails at roughly $4200 on Amazon. If you're looking for something which would fit more in the "home" type of espresso machine, take a look at the Delonghi America ECAM28465B who is about half of the price of the Nuova (and half the weight) but works great as well.

I personally reviewed 22 espresso machines on my blog. If none of the aforementioned interest you, maybe one of the espresso machines I reviewed will.