Have you ever "Eaten" coffee?

greentea

Banned
Mar 9, 2011
Visit site
Maybe next time you chould try adding the grounds to something else. I like to brew some really strong coffee and then use that as the water portion for box brownie mix. makes delicious mocha brownies!

Nathaniell

May 17, 2011
Visit site
I've accidentally gotten grinds in my mouth from badly made French press coffee. Nasty. I couldn't imagine eating it on purpose. But the chocolate beans are nice. Would you eat the grinds just like that or make like a cake with it?

Haha, "like sand, but not as nice."

David Hansen

May 29, 2011
Visit site
I found some chocolate covered coffee beans once and they were actually pretty good. I don't know what they did to them before hand but they were quite as gritty as the typical coffee beans you brew with.

Nathaniell

May 17, 2011
Visit site
I actually eat the coffee cherry, shit out the beans and then package them up for sale.

Sweet. I'd pay good money for that. But seriously, there's an animal that does that and the beans that come from their crap make the most expensive coffee in the world. No joke. The deal is that the animals are selective about which cherries they eat, and they undergo some sort of fermentation or chemical change in the digestive system of the animal.

I forget if it's a fox or some sort of large rat.

123coffee

Jun 30, 2011
Visit site
I have tried eating coffee, by eating it you can taste the roast it has. You get a different perception of the coffee by eating it than drinking it. When am preparing coffee and my fingers get some coffee I sometimes eat it.

irriducibili

Jul 2, 2011
Visit site
Hey coffee lovers;

used to drink coffee, huh?
after roasting and grinding lovely beans; I do enjoy having a spoon full of this warm chocolate-colored powder!
very intensive energizing unique experince!

have you tried it? 8)

my friend's wife is more crazy than you've done... she ate roasted coffee bean without water! :decaf:

CJevens

Apr 18, 2011
Arlington, Va
Visit site
I actually eat the coffee cherry, shit out the beans and then package them up for sale.

Sweet. I'd pay good money for that. But seriously, there's an animal that does that and the beans that come from their crap make the most expensive coffee in the world. No joke. The deal is that the animals are selective about which cherries they eat, and they undergo some sort of fermentation or chemical change in the digestive system of the animal.

I forget if it's a fox or some sort of large rat.

Critter in question mentioned above.

You guys kill me. Are you both serious?

The Luwak coffee is spendy. Maybe someday I'll have a taste.

Chocolate covered espresso beans I love
Indeed. They are awesome.
I must caution others though, they are not all created equal. A friend purchased some at a convenient store while we were on a road trip, "you like coffee and chocolate, try these".
They werent that great.

The best I had were coated with a powdery dark chocolate and were just incredible.

Last edited: