hello and hello =]

baristaonfire

Jan 11, 2005
new jersey
Visit site
hey everyone -

i'm a 23 year old woman from new jersey. i've been in the coffee business for about five years and i am going to attempt opening my own little cafe within the next year or so. just thought i'd join here to get advice and meet up with other like minded people.

cheers!

-baristaonfire.

Well, let me be the first to tell you: Welcome! This is a rea good resource, given that you keep an open mind and remember that opinions are like.....

Keep reading, websearching, and resource gathering, attend a coffeefest or related type event..attend another one, take advantege of the training sessions at NASCOR and coffefest. there are classes for new buisness, and those interested in starting in the coffee buisness. Just keep in mind that there is no such thing as easy or quick money. You have to be passionate as it seems you are. Keep it up and with warm greetings: Hi.

Lisa

Hello Baristaonfire,
Welcome to the forum. I have been hanging around in here for a little time now and find it very helpful. Lots of good advise, etc. here. I'm planning to open an Espresso Drive Thru in New Jersey in the next year or so. I have talked with a roaster in New Jersey and am really excited. My considerations are that Espresso drinks are really big where I live now, in Washington state, but not so big on the East Coast. What is your opinion about the concept of espresso drinks in New Jersey? Do you think it's a growing trend (in the baby stages)? Also, where in New Jersey are you currently working as a Barista?
Good luck in your venture ~ hopefully we can be of great help to each other.
Lisa[/quote]

jscr

Feb 15, 2006
leonardo New Jersey
Visit site
Hello Lisa & baristaonfire

I am a retail roaster in the Leonardo section of Middletown New Jersey. Let me know if there is any way I can help you. I will be happy to answer any of your questions. Email or call the shop or just stop by and we'll have an espresso . Check out our web site for our contact info.
Best of luck, Andy