Hello from Virginia!

billinlouisa

Dec 11, 2020
Central Virginia
Visit site
Hey, all.

My name is Bill. I just signed up. I've been retired for a few years now and am living the life in a rural county in central Virginia. I like to cook and have been upping my game since "recent events" have kept me out of restaurants (been making my own pasta, deyhdrating fruits, bought a sous vide machine) and have reached the "better than Mr. Coffee" stage of this journey.

PinkRose

Super Moderator
Staff member
Feb 28, 2008
Near Philadelphia, PA
Visit site
Hey, all.

My name is Bill. I just signed up. I've been retired for a few years now and am living the life in a rural county in central Virginia. I like to cook and have been upping my game since "recent events" have kept me out of restaurants (been making my own pasta, deyhdrating fruits, bought a sous vide machine) and have reached the "better than Mr. Coffee" stage of this journey.

Welcome Bill!

It's funny . . . . my brother also recently developed an interest in cooking, including using a sous vide machine. His wife has logged many years of doing the cooking, and she has no interest in hanging out in the kitchen anymore. I tend to agree with her. It's time for the guys to jump in and get creative. (only if they clean up the mess they make). It seems that "recent events" have helped many people gather up the interest in cooking and get moving. Good luck with your experiments and creations.

You've come to the right place to develop your "better than Mr. Coffee" stage of your culinary enjoyment.

~ Rose

Gew

Dec 13, 2020
Visit site
Hi and welcome Bill! [emoji112]

I just joined here, myself. Also, I'm from the other side of the world, and about half your age. I'm learning more and more about coffee for each and every day that passes.

Hopefully, in here I'll learn even more.

billinlouisa

Dec 11, 2020
Central Virginia
Visit site
Welcome Bill!

It's funny . . . . my brother also recently developed an interest in cooking, including using a sous vide machine. His wife has logged many years of doing the cooking, and she has no interest in hanging out in the kitchen anymore. I tend to agree with her. It's time for the guys to jump in and get creative. (only if they clean up the mess they make). It seems that "recent events" have helped many people gather up the interest in cooking and get moving. Good luck with your experiments and creations.

You've come to the right place to develop your "better than Mr. Coffee" stage of your culinary enjoyment.

~ Rose

Thanks, PinkRose.

I've always enjoyed cooking, ever since I moved away from home and been on my own. Sous vide can lead you down as many rabbit holes as good coffee apparently can. I never thought I'd eat a chicken breast cooked at 140° and live to tell the tale. Talk about fork-tender. It's really a different experience.

I hope I can get this Bonavita I purchased to output something more drinkable than I have so far. So far, it's been an $80 disappointment, as well as a frustration to someone who lives in the kitchen but suddenly can't make a decent cup of coffee.

billinlouisa

Dec 11, 2020
Central Virginia
Visit site
Hi and welcome Bill! [emoji112]

I just joined here, myself. Also, I'm from the other side of the world, and about half your age. I'm learning more and more about coffee for each and every day that passes.

Hopefully, in here I'll learn even more.

Thank you , Gew.

And "Welcome!" right back at you.

Where do you live?