Hello! New here.

serrab

Oct 12, 2006
Visit site
My name is Sarah and I found this site while searching for espresso drink recipes. My husband and I just purchased a Delonghi Magnifica 3500 and we LOVE it! It makes great tasting espresso at the press of a button. We use only distilled water when making our coffee or espresso which should help save on the hardware longevity and at the rate we drink espresso from local coffee houses, this thing should pay for itself rather high price tag long before it wears out and certainly long before it is out of warranty.

If anyone has any recipes they would like to share, PLEASE do! :)

Thanks!

ArtieD2

Dec 3, 2006
Jacksonville, Fl
Visit site
Hi Sarah; I'm new here too. I tried espresso once about 20 years ago. It was a bit too much for me at the time, but with everyone talking about it, I may have to give it another try.

This seems like a nice place to discover the "ins and outs" of espresso brewing.

cindy

Feb 8, 2005
South Africa
Visit site
hello newbies.

its great to see so many people just wana find out more about the worlds favourite beverage...COFFEE!!!

now, ARTIED2, I pretty much doubt that everyone who drinks espresso today said "WOW, THIS STUFFS SO GOOD, IM GONA GULP THIS ONE DOWN AND ORDER ANOTHER ONE" after having their very first sip.
ive encouraged alota people to try it, and 80% of the time their first reactions are to indicate that it is way too strong for them, but it grows on you.
my brother (hes 18 now) never touched coffee until about 3 years ago. i gradually got him to drink a few dripp brews and the odd latte. now, i cant keep up with him.
i gave my parents a SGL duetto excellent for xmas, and hes become the family barista. he loves coffee so much now, he cant function without having a espresso every morning before he goes to school.

if you still dont like espresso, remember that you dont always have to drink it just like that....there are lots of espresso based drinks out there....go look up a couple of recipes!!!! you'll learn to love it!

mhuskey0466

Jan 24, 2007
Visit site

I am new to here as well Sarah, glad to meet you. I have been drinking drip brewed coffee, and have never drank any other kind. I like it, it is something i had to get used to. I am still kind of getting used to it. Mostly I drink it for the caffene. sometimes though at night, i want the taste of it. So i am thinking about buying some decaff, that way i am not up all night.

josey40

Jan 27, 2007
Visit site
Hi Sarah

I''m new here too. My name is Kim. I''ve been seriously considering opening my own coffee shop, so I went to Linens and Things and purchased a Krupps dual espresso/coffee maker. It is the most expensive table top appliance I''ve ever purchased and I love it. I now have my entire family hooked on morning espressos!
I''m still having trouble with the foaming wand, but hey I guess it''s all in the wrist. :wink:
Nice to meet you and hope to see you around the boards.
Kim