Hello, please allow me to introduce myself....

spiridon

May 9, 2005
Visit site
....I hope this is the proper room to do so.

Been lurking around for a few days, looks like a great place to discuss and learn all things about coffee. :mrgreen:
I am a novice home roaster, been playing around with it for aprox. the past 2 years.....enjoy experimenting with different blends. I haven't gotten hard core (yet), no fancy equipment (so far!) ......just a hot air popper, a small burr grinder, and a press pot.
I also enjoy helping moderate a Cigar BB, where we have many coffee lovers and home roasters on board.
Look forward to gaining the benefit of everyone's knowledge here, and hopefully participate in some good discussion. :grin:

spiridon

May 9, 2005
Visit site
Hey "K", whereabouts in Bama do you live? I'm down here on the coast in Mobile.

In regards to "home roasting"......I am by no means an expert. I DO enjoy buying the different beans and experimenting with different blends though.
I've got a couple of buddies here in Mobile that also home roast, so we trade info back and forth. I use a hot - air popcorn popper to roast....so as you see, I don't get very high tech! :lol:

You may want to check out the info on the Sweet Maria's coffee site....lot of good info there.

PM sent with some additional info as well....

rmb

Jun 14, 2005
Wisconsin
Visit site
Home roasting info

Tryin looking at Kenneth Davids book, Home Coffee Roasting - it'll answer a LOT of questions. And its true, once you home roast, you never go back!