Hello!

GreenDude

Feb 14, 2008
Los Angeles, CA
Visit site
Hello Coffee People! I am introducing myself here, Ive lurked on here in the past briefly, and love this forum. my name is John, I''m the GM,Roaster,Buyer,babysitter, lol for a roasting company here in california. I have been a member of the Roaster Guild forums for several years now, however I prefer this one as of late!

I have a dream to venture off on my own in a few years, and the information here is phenomenal. hope to chat with ya''ll soon :D

John (GreenDude)

topher

Super Moderator
Staff member
Aug 14, 2003
Boca Raton
Visit site
Welcome!! So what are you roasting on? You going to be at the next SCAA show? Also to anyone else here on the forum...I say we all get together for a pint at the show..anyone game?

AlisonD

Sep 18, 2007
USA
Visit site
Hi Greendude,
Welcome to the forum, it's a great place to get info and to just chat.

Hey topher, would love to make the next SCAA but it's not looking good, I'll have to share a pint from afar :(

GreenDude

Feb 14, 2008
Los Angeles, CA
Visit site
I roast On a probat G-90, yes the OLD one!! We also have a Diedrich IR-24, though not used a whole lot anymore, well a couple times a week that is. I love the Probat, simple yet great for profiling, etc...

I was at the show last year in long Beach and it was great! I especially love my polaroid with the 'new' Juan Valdez :D I am trying to get to this years, but I need to find some extra cash in the budget first, lol.

As far as the pints go, Im IN!!

John

topher

Super Moderator
Staff member
Aug 14, 2003
Boca Raton
Visit site
Yeah last years show was great. I roasted on a L25 Probat before. I really didn't like the probat. Parts were way too expensive and maintenance was a real pain. I'm roasting on a few Topers and an Ambex. I love these roasters...easy to maintain and parts are so inexpensive! Oh well see you at the show. :wink:

GreenDude

Feb 14, 2008
Los Angeles, CA
Visit site
LOl , ya the parts for Probat are really expensive, but I have found ways to make my own, or have my machinist buddy make them :grin: ( Sorry Dieter!) lol

I have put enough blood sweat and tears into the G-90 over the years, but I do know this machine like the back of my hand now, really!

The best was the rebuild after the 'Big Fire', but we'll chat about that later. *cries* 8)