Help! 2 gr. WEGA trouble

pioneering

Jul 13, 2012
Poulsbo, WA
Visit site
My usual maintenance guy is out of town. I know my way around the machine a bit so I'm hoping I can get some ideas from anyone else on here who is more on the tech side of things.

After pulling some beautiful shots this morning I went to dispense hot water only to get a lot of steam and a few drops. Glanced at the water level which was extremely low. I turned one of the groups on again which was still pumping out water then turned off the machine. I took the tray off the top to look inside and checked the lines and valves going to the machine but found nothing to identify what the problem was. I also spoke with the barista working last night to make sure hot water to make sure everything was closed normally etc. The pump was replace only about a year ago.

Not sure where to go from here... any idea?

pioneering

Jul 13, 2012
Poulsbo, WA
Visit site
The auto-fill valve was not functioning. The touchpad for the right side of the machine was also not working and apperantly was the cause of the malfunction. The touchpad had stopped working once before without the resulting auto fill valve failure. Replaced the touchpad and now the machine seems to be working properly again.
The machine is a WEGA EVD/2N. Thanks for your reply, and please forgive my freakout. My repair guy did get back to me that morning. He had just came back to town the night before. He came in and had me back up by the afternoon...