[HELP] Espresso machine for new coffee shop

newbie101

Jul 4, 2018
Visit site
I plan to open a small coffee shop, with about 200-300 cups of coffee a day. I am wondering between La Marzocco Linea Mini 1 Group, Rocket Espresso R58 1 group and Nuova Simonelli Appia II 2 Group. Why La Marzocco is much more expensive than other machines?

Musicphan

May 11, 2014
Kansas City
Visit site
I would assume 60% or so is espresso - if that is correct (or even close) the machines you have identified are too small. Generally the espresso machines will have some type of estimated number of cups per day rating... that will give you a better idea of how much they are rated for. The Rocket is a consumer machine... nice but I would never put it in a heavy commercial environment. A friend runs a VERY SMALL coffee shop and runs the Rocket Boxer... but he is only doing less than 50 shots per day. What is your budget?

Last edited:

newbie101

Jul 4, 2018
Visit site
I would assume 60% or so is espresso - if that is correct (or even close) the machines you have identified are too small. Generally the espresso machines will have some type of estimated number of cups per day rating... that will give you a better idea of how much they are rated for. The Rocket is a consumer machine... nice but I would never put it in a heavy commercial environment. A friend runs a VERY SMALL coffee shop and runs the Rocket Boxer... but he is only doing less than 50 shots per day. What is your budget?

I have about 4000$-5000$ for espresso machine.

Musicphan

May 11, 2014
Kansas City
Visit site
Probably the two big ones to look at are a 2 Group Appia II or 2 Group Classe 5. Find out who is a tech in your area and get their recommendation and understand what service is available in your area - its a critical thing to consider. Some of the more expensive machines are dual boiler - one for espresso / one for steam. Overall build quality and 'features' also add to the cost of machines.