Help Finding New Drip Coffee Maker

peterjschmidt

Oct 10, 2013
Milwaukee, WI
Visit site
Good news if you're near a JC Penney and they still have some stock left; there has been a falling out between Penney and Bodum, and all things Bodum are being cleared out at 70% or more. I saw both sizes of the Bodum Columbia today marked down to $25 and $33. There's also a new double-walled s.s. press pot, but didn't catch the price. They have a nice-looking auto-drip w/ a thermal carafe as well.

I stocked up on a ton of stuff for gifts and customers; their conical burr grinder, selling for $108 on Amazon was $39. Glasses, press-pots, siphon brewers, travel mugs, small appliances, glasses, utensils... very good prices.

PinkRose

Super Moderator
Staff member
Feb 28, 2008
Near Philadelphia, PA
Visit site
Hi again"tweezak"

Did you see the message from peterjschmidt about JC Penney's clearance on Bodum items? If you have a JC Penney nearby, it sounds like it would be worth a trip to the store to see what they have left. Not everyone who tries using a French Press likes it. It would be great if you could get one at a reduced price, especially if your wife gets tired of cleaning out the grounds after using the French Press and wants to switch to something else.

Rose

peterjschmidt

Oct 10, 2013
Milwaukee, WI
Visit site
I find that the press pot has two drawbacks - not the easiest clean-up and disposal of grounds, also they need a good quality grinder rather than a weedwhacker blade grinder - but the advantage of being able to control the water temp and amount of time the grinds are exposed to water make it a great way to brew in my opinion.

Burner0000

Apr 29, 2013
Cambridge ON, Canada
Visit site
I've had nothing but good experience with the Curtis Cafe brewers. The office I work in has one and I brew with it daily. It's got a 2L thermal caraf and it's all metal built and can handle commercial use. For a 15A 120V pour over brewer it brews really fast! 2-4 min. The cost of the model we have (Cafe0pp) where I work is around $250 but for a commercial brewer this is pennies compared to the big ones which go for closer to $1,000. The reservoir is a 6 L so you won't have temp stability issues either. The footprint is 17.5" x 16.5" x 9". Bit bigger than your traditional brewer but small for a commercial one. Hope this helps.

Links:
Curtis Cafe0pp

Curtis Brewers