Help in Idaho!!

luvncoffee

Jun 9, 2005
Idaho
Visit site
I am new to this site but have found ALOT of useful info Thanks!!! My question is... Do those of you that own coffee shops, espresso stands etc... find that they are EVERYWHERE??? Would you say open one today?? There are lots of drive through stands here but I'm interested in a sit down coffee (with good coffee)cafe with lunch items and bakery food. What do ya think? Any advice would be great! I live in a small town surrounded by 2 big cities and GOOD coffee is not here!!!!! Thanks. :wink:

luvncoffee

Jun 9, 2005
Idaho
Visit site
Actually Doma is ok as far as coffe goes in my opinion. There are a few places here that serve doma coffee already. I'm interested in maybe roasting my own..maybe rainforest or something along those lines. Do you think a drive up is crucial or a sit down cafe with GREAT food and coffee can be good with out one??

celement

Apr 17, 2005
Modesto, CA
Visit site
drive up can be critical

if your location makes it happen....its all about location for a drive through...there is a great coffee house near us in my location and I was shocked they added a drive through...I honestly have never seen a car in it and I doubt it matters much to them since they have a good sit down clientele (mine is drive through only).

only consider a drive through if you have excellent commute traffic, and convenience of access and return access to the street...

Coffee Guy

Oct 19, 2003
Seattle,Washington USA
Visit site
Hey L.C.:

A lot depends on what you want to do. There are differences in both operations. Sit downs tend to be a little more expensive to operate than drive thrus. Celement in saying "consider a drive through if you have excellent commute traffic, and convenience of access and return access to the street..." Those are the main factors when considering drive thrus, however, sit downs are nice as well, and if you have the ability to put a drive thru window on the side of your sit down, all the better. That way you can capture both types of traffic. :lol: