Help me find a coffee

Dilliw

Aug 22, 2021
Austin TX
Visit site
Hi,

I am an intermediate coffee drinker who has been in search of a favorite daily coffee for a while now. Every time I get close I either forget which one it was, the place quits selling it, or I move (just did that one).

The reason why I've joined here and am posting this is this morning I'm trying an Organic Mexican Chiapas from Central Market here in Texas and it checks a lot of boxes but just misses. What I'm looking for:

Readily obtainable fresh beans for French Press
Organic
Low/med acid
higher elevation beans
Arabica
wood/earthy/nutty front end
good body
sweeter toffee finish

This Mexican Chiapas is good but it has a tart finish and a little more acid than I like. I usually find Guatemala coffees that I like but most of those lately haven't quite been on point (different regions maybe).

Thanks for any suggestions.

Musicphan

May 11, 2014
Kansas City
Visit site
Hi - just a few points - if you like a Guatemalan and the Mexican is close try finding coffee from Huehuetenango, Guatemala (or Tolima). I found those super balanced and meet most of your criteria. The other wildcard to throw out there is coffee from Sumatra, Gayo. The northern part of Sumatra coffees are nice and clean a bit earthy. However, they are not typically super-high elevations (because it's an island). Austin has a lot of nice roasters... I highly recommend visiting some and trying their drip to help narrow down your preferences.

Sumatracoffee

Aug 23, 2021
Indonesia
Visit site
Hai, i'm from Indonesia and selling Sumatra Coffee, if you like i can send you our sample product.y
You can make a request what kind of coffee you want to try such as Gayo, Aceh, Lampung, Semendo, etc.

Just contact us on Whatsup +6289633156742 or email [email protected]

It's our pleasure to serving you^^

Dilliw

Aug 22, 2021
Austin TX
Visit site
Hai, i'm from Indonesia and selling Sumatra Coffee, if you like i can send you our sample product.y
You can make a request what kind of coffee you want to try such as Gayo, Aceh, Lampung, Semendo, etc.

Just contact us on Whatsup +6289633156742 or email [email protected]

It's our pleasure to serving you^^
Hi - just a few points - if you like a Guatemalan and the Mexican is close try finding coffee from Huehuetenango, Guatemala (or Tolima). I found those super balanced and meet most of your criteria. The other wildcard to throw out there is coffee from Sumatra, Gayo. The northern part of Sumatra coffees are nice and clean a bit earthy. However, they are not typically super-high elevations (because it's an island). Austin has a lot of nice roasters... I highly recommend visiting some and trying their drip to help narrow down your preferences.
Thanks and you are right on it. I had a go to Huehuetenango from my local roaster in SC but I've never tried the Gayo. I will give that a shot.

Musicphan

May 11, 2014
Kansas City
Visit site
You may want to check out Cuvee coffee if you are based in Austin. They have a nice coffee bar just east of I-35 on 6th Street. They have a Sumatra from Aceh region which would be similar. Their Guat is from a slightly different region but is considered the up and comer region for quality.

If you're open to mail-order - check my website out. You are asking about two coffees I feature: www.encorecoffeeco.com

Dilliw

Aug 22, 2021
Austin TX
Visit site
You may want to check out Cuvee coffee if you are based in Austin. They have a nice coffee bar just east of I-35 on 6th Street. They have a Sumatra from Aceh region which would be similar. Their Guat is from a slightly different region but is considered the up and comer region for quality.

If you're open to mail-order - check my website out. You are asking about two coffees I feature: www.encorecoffeeco.com
Thanks again.

I live right near Third Coast and Praxis' roasters in S. Austin so I was going to try those. I'm certainly in to mail order and will check your site out. as well.