Help me find my new favourite!

Boridu

Feb 16, 2023
Germany
Visit site
Hey everybody,

I hope you can help me. The last few years u only drank coffee from capsules. But about two months ago i got myself a bean to cup coffee maker.
I had an absolute favourite coffee when it came to capsules, and now i try to find a bean, that tastes similar to that but i couldn't find anything so far.

The product was described as (i try to translate the manufacturer descrpiton as good as i can) : "A blend of Beans, grwon benathe a canopy of big trees. The shadow shields the coffee from direct sun and keeps a cool environment so the fruits will mature slower. The slow maturing of the coffee cherry, protects the flavors that will develop later while roasting. This complex Split-roast contains Arabica beans, from Peru, Colombia, Guatelmala and India. For exotic wood flavors and slightly peppery spices. The flavours will remind you of a forest.

Flavour profile: Woody & Spicey (Exotic Wood and Spice flavours, with a hint af sweet grain and a subtle acidity)

It's a split-roast (50/50). The first split rahter blonde and the second one prety dark to balance it out. The result is a balanced, medium dark mixture."

Roast: 3/5
Bitterness: 3/5
Acidity: 2/5
Body: 3/5
Intensity: 7/13

So i guess i'm searching for some kind of shade-grown, medium dark roasted, south american/ indian blend with woody & spicy notes.

For me personaly, nothing beats this "foresty" flavor. Whe you drink it, it feels like sitting in the forest and drinking a fresh coffee on a foggy autumn morning while smelling your surroundings like trees, moss, earth and so on and taking them in while sipping on your coffee.

I hope someone here can recomend something to me, and help me to find my new perfect coffee. Thank you all in advance!

Roger47

Jan 30, 2019
Visit site
Hey everybody,

I hope you can help me. The last few years u only drank coffee from capsules. But about two months ago i got myself a bean to cup coffee maker.
I had an absolute favourite coffee when it came to capsules, and now i try to find a bean, that tastes similar to that but i couldn't find anything so far.

The product was described as (i try to translate the manufacturer descrpiton as good as i can) : "A blend of Beans, grwon benathe a canopy of big trees. The shadow shields the coffee from direct sun and keeps a cool environment so the fruits will mature slower. The slow maturing of the coffee cherry, protects the flavors that will develop later while roasting. This complex Split-roast contains Arabica beans, from Peru, Colombia, Guatelmala and India. For exotic wood flavors and slightly peppery spices. The flavours will remind you of a forest.

Flavour profile: Woody & Spicey (Exotic Wood and Spice flavours, with a hint af sweet grain and a subtle acidity)

It's a split-roast (50/50). The first split rahter blonde and the second one prety dark to balance it out. The result is a balanced, medium dark mixture."

Roast: 3/5
Bitterness: 3/5
Acidity: 2/5
Body: 3/5
Intensity: 7/13

So i guess i'm searching for some kind of shade-grown, medium dark roasted, south american/ indian blend with woody & spicy notes.

For me personaly, nothing beats this "foresty" flavor. Whe you drink it, it feels like sitting in the forest and drinking a fresh coffee on a foggy autumn morning while smelling your surroundings like trees, moss, earth and so on and taking them in while sipping on your coffee.

I hope someone here can recomend something to me, and help me to find my new perfect coffee. Thank you all in advance!
I have developed a new method that goes against all norms but my wife and I are now enjoying the best tasting coffee we've ever had. I call it the BLOOM BREW.

What you will need is a double walled stainless steel French Press. This FP is not a thermal system like "Thermos" . It is simply an air filled double wall and is crucial to the process as it allows the gradual/important decrease in temperature. The coffee is "finely" ground and not coarse as in the FP method. Pre-measure the water in the FP and pour it into an electric kettle that is able to obtain the important 95C. Run hot water from the tap into the FP and dry with a paper towel. It is important that the coffee and the FP be at room temperature.

Pour the coffee grinds into the FP and when the water is 95C, pour it into the FP with coffee quickly. Cover and time for 10 minutes. After 10 minutes poke the floating BLOOM with a spoon to allow the remaining grinds to settle. The CO2 keeps most of the Bloom afloat. Scoop the FOAM from the top with a spoon and discard. Slowly plunge. I then pour the coffee through a Melita filtering set up (optional) and then into a thermal coffee carafe.

After 5 years of experimentation, I can assure you, this is the best method. I also discovered that there is no such thing as "Over Extraction". If time was a factor in over extraction, it would not be possible to brew Cold Brewed Coffee which requires in excess of 12 hours. It is the temperature that creates bitterness. Too hot = bitter. Too cold = bitter.

In a nut shell and as a professional coffee brewer once stated; "The coffee knows how to brew itself".
Cheers

Shade grown, and shade-grown, woody & spicy notes are the only factors you can use. The rest is proprietary, and the roaster will tell you their secret. The split roast means they roasted coffees separately, in order to enhance or preserve certain flavors and notes, and to even out coffee solubility. South american/ indian blend is way to generic to be useful.