Help---naming new coffe shop..by train station

COFFEEDREAMS

Mar 28, 2013
Visit site
I am planning to open a new coffee shop, next to a train station, and I need a catchy names that could be easy to make coffee logo out of it. I would like to connect the name of the coffee shop with the train station being there. since i can't used the name of the train station, I would like a catchy and funny name to even go as far as selling t-shirts on it, I know if its catchy and funny enough people would buy the t-shirts. thanks

John P

Jan 5, 2007
Salt Lake City
Visit site
worry about making excellent coffee and planning your business. If your coffee is excellent, you can name it "Binken Bonken" and people will come.

HORSE<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<CART

eldub

Mar 28, 2012
Visit site
If you pick a great location you don't need to worry about the name, imo. Binken Bonken Coffee should work just fine in that case. (I think you owe John something for a consulting fee.)

HRC

Apr 16, 2013
Visit site
Coal Fired Coffee - heat up your brew with charcoal
Hamtrack Coffee - each cup gets a slice of freshly roasted ham
Lo-co-ffee-motive – the logo design is a coffee cup on wheels
All Aboard Coffee – the concept is a spinning store and people have to jump in the door when it comes around
I Choo-Choo-Choose You Coffee – logo is Ralph Wiggum drinking coffee

Like John, I too require a consultation fee

expat

May 1, 2012
Ireland
Visit site
I always agree with John P . . . but this once I don't. I've got to think that there was some thought behind Caffe D'Bolla and at the very least it means something to you. That said, I do agree that at the end of the day it is all about the coffee. You could have the best name in the world and if you're serving swill I doubt people would be beating a path to your door.

So I'll throw in Cow Catcher Coffee and Fire Box Coffee.

John P

Jan 5, 2007
Salt Lake City
Visit site
Make certain you understand the distinct difference between creating a logo and a piece of graphic art with your name in it.
A logo is simple, works in color or black and white and is readable and distinguishable at any size.

Think McDonalds, IBM, Apple, Coca Cola, BMW, etc. Iconic logos.

John P

Jan 5, 2007
Salt Lake City
Visit site
Expat,

Maybe you just don't realize that you agree yet! :smile:

"caffe d'bolla" means "caffe of bubble"

"caffe" in the Italian spelling immediately establishes it as an espresso based shop, and my wife is Taiwanese so we serve authentic bubble tea as well. So, "d'bolla" stands for the micro-bubbles in the crema on the espresso as well as the bubble tea.

... and our logo is simple.

Be thoughtful, not gimmicky, and you will come up with something that works for you.

Attachments

• logo-file-cdbolla-U2.gif
    logo-file-cdbolla-U2.gif
    7.8 KB · Views: 455
Last edited:

CoffeeJunky

Dec 7, 2012
Michigan, US
Visit site
Expat,

Maybe you just don't realize that you agree yet! :smile:

"caffe d'bolla" means "caffe of bubble"

"caffe" in the Italian spelling immediately establishes it as an espresso based shop, and my wife is Taiwanese so we serve authentic bubble tea as well. So, "d'bolla" stands for the micro-bubbles in the crema on the espresso as well as the bubble tea.

... and our logo is simple.

Be thoughtful, not gimmicky, and you will come up with something that works for you.

Damn I hate bubble tea. Those tapioca that big just doesn't agree with my liking. However, they sell like hot cakes when I serve them at the fair.
I don't offer the bubble tea at my shop but I will try this coming summer and see .... Thanks for the idea.

John P

Jan 5, 2007
Salt Lake City
Visit site
CoffeeJunky,

Yes, not everyone likes bubble tea... but as simple as it should be, it's just like coffee, if done poorly, the results will be the same. It's about quality of ingredients, and correct ratios. There's just as much bad bubble tea as bad coffee.

As I mentioned, my wife is Taiwanese, so we do the real thing. We import everything direct from Taiwan, so what people get from us is what they would get from the best shops in Taiwan. A couple of notes. Fresh brewed whole leaf tea matters, and constantly fresh pearls (tapioca) throughout the day matter. And most importantly, bubble tea is always shaken, not blended... that's something else. And make sure you have tried the real thing... what most white people make is questionable. :shock: