HELP! New user.... (says it all right?)

CINDYLOU

Dec 10, 2013
Atlanta, GA
Visit site
We are very new to the espresso/coffee world! Can't wait to get going but seem to have hit a bump...we purchased a SAECO XSMALL Automatic Espresso machine and we were so excited to receive it yesterday! I took it out of the box and followed the set up instructions- all good ;) then when i went to make my first shot of espresso I selected the cup and it started like it was going to grind and then it stopped. All lights started blinking at me :( I turned it off, waited a bit turned it back on and it performed the cleaning and warmed up. Once again i selected the cup, it started to grind then stopped and all lights started blinking again! I stopped, turned it off and unplugged it- tried again this morning and the exact same thing. Any ideas? I don't want to send it back i really really want it!!

Any direction/help would be greatly appreciated.

Cindy

PinkRose

Super Moderator
Staff member
Feb 28, 2008
Near Philadelphia, PA
Visit site
Cindy,

Since it's a new machine, your best option is to call Saeco customer service and explain what's going on. They will either troubleshoot with you over the phone, or you may have to return it for a replacement.

Rose

BocaRe

Dec 23, 2022
Toronto
Visit site
your machine screen must show you an error code or 'picto' message of what is it .
for start: Check your water level, coffee hopper, if brewing unit is pushed all in, if grinder is set not too fine for start.
Perhaps, I suppose it is needless to mention that you need to use BEEN coffee not pre-grind.
There might be an issue with grinder or grinder being clogged?
So, if you are first time user there are number of "not to do" things you need to know.
Not to use very dark oily beans coffee too.
Today coffee machines are so smart that it should / must tell you what and where is an issue.
I would say it is the last thing to call your dealer or service line, but of course if you cannot find it your way you should call authorized people.
I have two Saeco machine and I know them in hart what is going on when there is an error.

All the best and good luck
BocaRe

BocaRe

Dec 23, 2022
Toronto
Visit site
Cindy,

Since it's a new machine, your best option is to call Saeco customer service and explain what's going on. They will either troubleshoot with you over the phone, or you may have to return it for a replacement.

Rose
Hi Rose
This is not a helpful advice.
We all know who to call as an end result but Cindy was hoping you may say something she can explore and use on spot. Yes of course she will perhaps end up calling her dealer after all.

cheers
BocaRe

PinkRose

Super Moderator
Staff member
Feb 28, 2008
Near Philadelphia, PA
Visit site
Hi Rose
This is not a helpful advice.
We all know who to call as an end result but Cindy was hoping you may say something she can explore and use on spot. Yes of course she will perhaps end up calling her dealer after all.

cheers
BocaRe
I'm glad you were able to offer some ideas, but with complicated machines like the Saecos, it usually ends up with most people needing to call the company's customer service department for help.