Help Pleace: Has anyone used an infrared thermometer to link to cropster or artiisan?

Valentia

Mar 3, 2020
Visit site
Hi There,
I am wondering if anyone has experience using an infrared thermometer to link to cropster or artisan? Omega sells one that looks like it might work well in a modded or home built machine

Valentia

Mar 3, 2020
Visit site
I am hoping that it will give me a better picture of actual bean temp since it only measures solid surface and not ambient air temp within the roaster chamber. I will have a regular thermometer for exhaust temp

Valentia

Mar 3, 2020
Visit site
Yest It will give a 8inch diameter average within the drum. Even internal core temp is can be a variable for profile development based on convective/conductive heat differences in the roaster setup. The smoke is interesting though, I will ask the Manufacturer. Thanks!

Rustlen

Dec 9, 2020
Cwmbran
Visit site
I didn’t use one since my machine is automated, and therefore has one incorporated. But I think it would be perfect to link to cropster from what I heard. Just make sure you use a high quality one, because otherwise you can get significant errors. Precision is key here. Anyways, if you’re looking for a good product, try infrared thermometer canada, so make sure you check out this website. They are high quality product suppliers that have a wide variety of thermometer units. You can access them at a really convenient price. Quite recently I read about them online, and so far, only good reviews. In your case, I think it would be very useful.
Do these guys provide any discounts?