Help Please: De longhi Esam 2200 no water pumping

Invicibile

Jan 12, 2021
Visit site
Hello

I'm repairing broken coffe machine. The problem is that machine can't make a simple coffee after grinding grain. It looks like water pump is defected because it starts to work very silent like it struggle with pumping the water further. After that I have a light indicating of empty water tank. When I'm using water knob for steam and hot water it works normally. I already replaced water pump, checked flow meter, cleaned infuser, hose and still don't know what's the problem. To be honest I'm stuck. In link below, I'm sending a short movie with whole situation shown.

youtu.be/-2eHFfrhW28

I tried to search for help on plenty of youtube videos, but no one's had similar situation.

I would be very grateful for any guidance.

Mar 27, 2021
Visit site
Strangely, the steam supply works while the pump is not pumping water. Have a few questions - is the machine under warranty? If so, try and get it serviced. If not, try a repair service. My DeLonghi had a problem (as it turned out later) with the contacts. The on/off toggle switch simply wasn't working. The lights were on, but the process was not going on. I fixed it at appliances repair Miami, but it's our local good service, and you'll have to find your own.

Last edited:

Danceman96

Mar 15, 2021
Visit site
Hi,
It is pretty old machine- at least 6 years old.
I have tried the service, becouse in generally the coffee machine also leaked. The service replaced the thermoblock piston and the infusor. No more leaks, but there is still problem with no water pumping.

If i clean infusor and leave my coffe machine for couple of hours its working for a while, but after few coffes (sometimes one, sometimes five) problem appear again