Help Please: Gaggia Classic or Rancilio Silvia or Nuova Simonelli Oscar?

kind_sad

Feb 29, 2016
Visit site
Hi guys

I'm sorry for english

I only drink espresso ------- just espresso

I want to buy an espresso machine but what's between 3 and espresso machine to buy?

Which High espresso machine?

gaggia classic or rancilio silvia or nuova simonelli oscar?

thanks

Last edited by a moderator:

PinkRose

Super Moderator
Staff member
Feb 28, 2008
Near Philadelphia, PA
Visit site
While you wait for a response from some of our Forum members . . . .

If you use the search box that's at the top right corner of your screen, and type in the name of each espresso machine, (search one at a time) you will see some threads with discussions and comments about each machine. You will also see some recommendations for other machines.

katy2

Jul 7, 2016
Visit site
Hi guys

I'm sorry for english

I only drink espresso ------- just espresso

I want to buy an espresso machine but what's between 3 and espresso machine to buy?

Which High espresso machine?

gaggia classic or rancilio silvia or nuova simonelli oscar?

thanks

hi, i want to help you, unfortunatly there are no useful replies. i don t know much about rancilio silvia and nuova simonelli oscar, but i ve seen a rewiev of gaggia classic here 10 Best Home Espresso Machine Reviews ? TOP Choice . look through and you ll find what you are searching for, especially prices, pluses and minuses of several models of the coffee machines. also you can go to the shop and ask a shop assistant for advice or ask your friends maybe they could help you with making decision!

friedcoffee

Jan 12, 2016
India
Visit site
These should be in this order:
1) Nuova Simonelli Oscar
2) Rancilio Silvia
3) Gaggia Classic

So on the top is Nova Simonelli and that also costs the most. This brand makes one of the perfect machines on the planet.

shadow745

Aug 15, 2005
Central North Carolina
Visit site
Really depends on your intended use/budget. Gaggia makes good machines, but can tell you from experience the smallish boiler they use can be a limiting factor to an extent. They do recover fast, but they also deplete quickly during an extraction. The NS Oscar is a heat exchange machine and will require knowledge on your part on how HX machines function and you will have to do flushes often to balance temperature at the group as is the case with a lot of HX machines. With the Oscar you will be able to brew/steam simultaneously, which you CAN'T do with the other 2 machines listed as they are SBDU (single boiler double use) designs. Downfall with HX machines is that in order to boost steam pressure (if needed) you must raise boiler pressure via the pressurestat, which affects brew temperature. Last, but not least is the Silvia. I actually just scored a killer deal on a Silvia/Rocky combo via Craigslist and am totally satisfied with it thusfar. People whine quite often about the Silvia being tough to master because of the thermostat setup, offset group design, etc. Truth is most people just don't have enough skill to master this true semi-auto beast. It is a very non-forgiving purist machine that requires effort, skill and determination to get a handle on, but will reward you with great espresso and longevity. Also, don't believe any negativity on the Silvia steaming power being weak/slow as that is definitely not the case.