Help Please: I am Seeking the Best Kona Peaberry

coffeeholic49

Nov 2, 2019
Visit site
Hi,

I’m addicted to Kona peaberry and am asking members of the forum for recommendations on where the best place to buy Kona peaberry whole beans (medium roast) online is. By best, I mean the most flavorful, robust quality coffee. Price is a factor, but if I can find the very best, I’m prepared to pay the price.

Thanks in advance!

Dieseltu

Nov 3, 2019
Northcoast, Ohio
Visit site
i have bought Kona peaberry from LymanKona Coffee farms . Theyre an estate and sell organic 100% kona coffee. The guy post a bunch of youtube videos about his farm place. i like peaberry myself, ive had their sampler packs and the peaberry. Ive tried some other places in Big island too, but Im ok with Lyman . My opinion is im not all wild about 100% Kona coffee in general. But if i want some i get Lyman. . The best peaberry i ever had was Caribou coffee peaberry whole beans . made in a double filter french press and ground myself. . But it was a once a year thing. and i dont live by there anymore.

coffeeholic49

Nov 2, 2019
Visit site
I don’t think that’s KONA

that is pretty good pricing for a genuine KONA Peaberry. at $22 10oz.
I kind wonder it is REAL 100% Kona Peaberry or not.... because regular KONA coffee is around $26 to $36 for 12oz....
I thought that Peaberry being only 4% of entire Kona, it might be more expensive then regular Kona coffee....

I don’t claim to be an expert, but I read what I could on the Kauai site and nowhere did it say it was Kona coffee, and that includes the reviews. Undoubtedly, the beans are peaberry beans. But that doesn’t necessarily mean they’re KONA peaberry beans. And I don’t think they are. The reviews are pretty much all very laudatory, and my guess is it’s very good coffee. But if it isn’t Kona peaberry, I doubt that it has that unique Kona peaberry flavor. And that’s what you pay for when you buy Kona beans.