Help Please: I need Cuisinart EM-200 replacement parts help

martingale

Nov 22, 2020
Visit site
I have a EM-200 espresso maker. the copper part and the rubber connector connect to it in the picture circled need replaced.
does anyone know where i can order these parts and what's their names/model #?
is it the solenoid valve (120v)?
the parts are the valve from downstream of water pump. it's broken so the steam just released into the back/inside of the machine rather than the coffee brew head.
thanks

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    105.7 KB · Views: 426
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    84.5 KB · Views: 197
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    129.3 KB · Views: 212
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    112.7 KB · Views: 197
Last edited:

martingale

Nov 22, 2020
Visit site
I have a EM-200 espresso maker. the copper part and the rubber connector connect to it in the picture circled need replaced.
does anyone know where i can order these parts and what's their names/model #?
is it the solenoid valve (120v)?
the parts are the valve from downstream of water pump. it's broken so the steam just released into the back/inside of the machine rather than the coffee brew head.
thanks

i managed to find that the valve is solenoid valve, made by italy. serial # 9000
OLAB-italy COIL 6000BHS/C6RU-UI, SERIE 9000. 120v. 60Hz
ED 100%, TF 135C TA 80C 230 psi

but olab does not give a spec on it's inlet valve size or thread info.

and i can't find information about the valve keeper connect to it.
is it called valve keeper or retainer?

cafe_noob

Dec 21, 2020
Visit site
Hi Martingale. I also have a broken fitting on my Cuisinart too. Mine looks the same as yours except it was the inner one that split off. From what I gather searching for the solenoid the brass part is threaded for 1/8" British Standard Pipe Thread (BSPT). I haven't found any replacement plastic fittings in my searches yet and I went into a few espresso repair shops and came up empty handed. Have you found any replacement fittings or a replacement solenoid with fittings attached? Doesn't seem like these are made to be repaired. It also seems like the plastic fittings are not the best design. I was looking at the fittings on McMaster Carr and contemplating ordering one up to see if I can get it to work but I'm not sure if it'll do the trick (part number 5305K23: Yor-Lok stainless 4mm compression fitting to 1/8" BSPP fitting). I'm pretty sure the tubing is 4mm outer diameter but the part that has a reinforcement insert is pushed out a bit larger than 4mm. I think the brass collar on the tubing would also have to be cut off for this to work. So I'm curious if you've made headway in fixing yours?

martingale

Nov 22, 2020
Visit site
Hi Martingale. I also have a broken fitting on my Cuisinart too. Mine looks the same as yours except it was the inner one that split off. From what I gather searching for the solenoid the brass part is threaded for 1/8" British Standard Pipe Thread (BSPT). I haven't found any replacement plastic fittings in my searches yet and I went into a few espresso repair shops and came up empty handed. Have you found any replacement fittings or a replacement solenoid with fittings attached? Doesn't seem like these are made to be repaired. It also seems like the plastic fittings are not the best design. I was looking at the fittings on McMaster Carr and contemplating ordering one up to see if I can get it to work but I'm not sure if it'll do the trick (part number 5305K23: Yor-Lok stainless 4mm compression fitting to 1/8" BSPP fitting). I'm pretty sure the tubing is 4mm outer diameter but the part that has a reinforcement insert is pushed out a bit larger than 4mm. I think the brass collar on the tubing would also have to be cut off for this to work. So I'm curious if you've made headway in fixing yours?

no cafe_noob.
i didn't find the plastic connector anywhere, went to local hardware store and was told to contact manufacturer. contacted cuisinart and they told me they don't disclose the part number, they can only repair for me if I mail it back.
the part is probably only 30 cents, really no point.
didn't find any fit on aliexpress as well. or ebay. or anywhere.
plan to donate this to charity or someone who might know how to fix it.
i do found the solenoid on ebay and by looking through the solenoid manufacturer's website. it's from Italy btw.

cafe_noob

Dec 21, 2020
Visit site
Thanks. That's interesting that Cuisinart offered to repair it. I didn't think they'd be set up for repair jobs. I found a 1/8" to 4mm compression fitting in 304 stainless on aliexpress for less than a dollar so I went ahead and ordered a few. They'll take a month to get here but they're cheap enough it's not a big risk if it doesn't work out. If they're the right size the job should be pretty easy so I'll see when they get here. I can let you know how it goes if you're interested. Cheers.

gellenb

Jan 3, 2021
Visit site
When you get your part, let us know if it works/fits. Mine did the same thing, except it was on the other side of the valve. It would probably be best to replace all three of them. Two on the valve, and one on the pump.

alderanmau

Jan 11, 2021
Visit site
Hi both, i my cuisinart em200 did break as yours this evening :decaf::decaf:, i'm trying to find those parts you are talking in a local store (hopefully as i live in an island and mail take waay long) and i'll let you know if works. By the pictures may i have to rework a little those small fu--rs, the screw lenght seems mismatch from photos, i also had to remove the broken teflon inside the brass valve which as been a pain.:evil:

in case those will not work i can try to find someone who can 3d print it

Last edited:

alderanmau

Jan 11, 2021
Visit site
Fixed!

ok so i did fix the coffee maker cuisinart EM-200, i removed the teflon screw broken from the pump 4ef96326-3d1b-4731-8dd2-68a70a840fb0.jpgcad02fe0-b62d-4fa6-8dee-f035ffde4c4a.jpg
as the one i found was too big and didn't fit in the spot of the broken one, i used a compressor piece i think made of brass571ff6ff-8951-4fc6-b03b-16f0bae614e8.jpg i had to remove some brass from the hole as the 4mm tube didn't fit in.
You also have to remove the inlet and the ring from the original tubed2fe07da-1593-4ee2-b47f-b42c01fecc40.jpg and use the inlet as a stopper inside the new cap as the brass cone didn't work with this rigid tube.
In the meanwhile i also found that the Breville Espresso machine BES820 x5vp8cs8h7741.jpguse the same connector and also the same solenoid if someone else need spare part can try searching for that machine as well.

i add the link to the spare part needapart.co.nz/buy-online/breville-espresso-machine-magnetic-valve-connection-10130119

REMEMBER TO PUT THE O-RING AROUND THE TUBE BEFORE TRY TO FIT IT INSIDE THE ORIGINAL TEFLON SCREWS OR IT CAN LEAK

Last edited:

cafe_noob

Dec 21, 2020
Visit site
That's great that you got yours fixed alderanmau.

I received my fittings from the aliexpress vendor. Took a month to arrive but now they're here (I bought 3 in case I need to replace others and since they were a dollar each may as well get extras) and I just put my machine back together. The new fitting worked for me (1/8" BSPT Male 304 Stainless Steel 4mm Double Ferrule Compression Fitting). Same as you, I also took out the reinforcement insert and brass collar off the tube. I also had to cut the tube back as it was a bit deformed where the brass collar was. Then I put the nut and double ferrule on the tube and tightened it onto the fitting (I used 3/4 tight from finger tight same as what Swagelok guide recommends for their double ferrule fittings). On the solenoid side BSPT I used a bit of teflon tape and tightened the fitting in. It seems to be holding up fine for my preliminary testing. On my machine the failed fitting was the back one on the solenoid so the toughest part was partly disassembling the machine and removing the sides to get good access to the tubing to put the new fitting on. I wound up leaving the solenoid off the mounting bracket afterwards as it didn't seem like there was enough flex in the line to put it back and it seems to be fine hanging there.
20210122_205034.jpg20210122_205132.jpg

cafe_noob

Dec 21, 2020
Visit site
When you get your part, let us know if it works/fits. Mine did the same thing, except it was on the other side of the valve. It would probably be best to replace all three of them. Two on the valve, and one on the pump.

Yeah, maybe I should've just replaced both of them while I had it apart but I wanted to see if it'd work with the one first. Once I saw it working again I figured I'd leave it be and make sure I can enjoy my coffee tomorrow. Maybe I'll replace the other one on the solenoid soon. At least the one I left untouched is easily accessible from the back without having to turn the machine upside down and remove the base and side. With two new fittings I don't think there would be a chance the solenoid will fit back on the bracket but I think it's fine to leave it free floating.

gellenb

Jan 3, 2021
Visit site
Yeah, maybe I should've just replaced both of them while I had it apart but I wanted to see if it'd work with the one first. Once I saw it working again I figured I'd leave it be and make sure I can enjoy my coffee tomorrow. Maybe I'll replace the other one on the solenoid soon. At least the one I left untouched is easily accessible from the back without having to turn the machine upside down and remove the base and side. With two new fittings I don't think there would be a chance the solenoid will fit back on the bracket but I think it's fine to leave it free floating.

Do you have the part number for the fitting from Aliexpress?

decoder89

Jan 28, 2021
Finland
Visit site
It's good that you found a way to fix this problem, but for the future it is worth trying 3D printing. For reliability, I would recommend using anisoprint 3D printing for creating parts. This technology is used in industry, so I am confident in its reliability.

Last edited:

cafe_noob

Dec 21, 2020
Visit site
Do you have the part number for the fitting from Aliexpress?

Hi gellenb.
This is the part I got (from the "Hardwork Store": aliexpress.com/item/32851518133.html
It also looks like the SOREKARA store has the same item (4mm tube, 1/8" thread): aliexpress.com/item/32707560474.html

natlew

Jun 16, 2021
Visit site
Hi all, I have read through this forum (it has helped tremendously) and was able to get the part suggested to replace the failed one. My problem is that I am not able to get the hardened plastic out to even get the replacement part in place! I have tried everything from a screw extractor, acetone, to just scraping it out. Any tips on how to get the hardened plastic out?

alderanmau

Jan 11, 2021
Visit site
Hi all, I have read through this forum (it has helped tremendously) and was able to get the part suggested to replace the failed one. My problem is that I am not able to get the hardened plastic out to even get the replacement part in place! I have tried everything from a screw extractor, acetone, to just scraping it out. Any tips on how to get the hardened plastic out?
To remove the part of broken screw inside i've nailed a thin screwdriver to the teflon part stuck inside and turn it to unscrew with a bird peak pliers or you can use a cutter or something like to cut it out. One was really stuck and i had to cut using a 1,5mm flat-head screwdriver