Help Please: I need help with repairing electronics on Saeco Vienna Delux

jonawald

Sep 7, 2020
Visit site
Hi there. I'm new to this form. I came here with the hopes that somebody might be able to help me diagnose a problem on my Saeco Vienna Delux

I have some soldering experience and some experience with troubleshooting electronics. From what I have found so far the problem I'm experiencing might lead back to the microprocessor. Hopefully somebody with more experience with me can look this over and see if there is something else wrong with this machine.

The machine powers up and heats as normal. When I tap button to make coffee the grinder works, the brew group moves into position to brew but then no water flows. After a few seconds in this position the brew group goes to dump the grinds and the red light begins blinking.

I know that the pump works because I can get water and steam out of the steam wand. What gets the signal that the brew group is in position and is ready for water? I have verified that the microswitches work, but we already know that because the brew group cycles properly.

I found a schematic for this machine online but it is in German. My German is not great but good enough to make out most of this document. Maybe if I post this here, somebody can look it over for me and tell me which parts of the board are involved in calling for water once the brew group is in position.

Jonathan

Attachments

• vdocuments.mx_saeco-vienna.pdf
    819.3 KB · Views: 26

jonawald

Sep 7, 2020
Visit site
I have found a few articles and videos of people repairing a similar problem but it seems that in their case the pump is always going and there is a blockage or something else wrong. In my case, the pump does not start up at all.

Jonathan

mrmileskane653

Jan 10, 2021
Visit site
I agree, you need an expert opinion here. I also have this model at home. There have been no problems with Saeco Vienna Deluxe for several years now. Perhaps you have a factory defect, or something is wrong with the electronics, try to take advice from the manufacturer, there should be a warranty. I love the smell of coffee in the kitchen. I bought it recently here https://buyersimpact.co.uk/ new air freshener and after it the aroma of coffee spreads even more through the apartment, which gives comfort.

Last edited: