Help Please: I want to purchase your best espresso roasted beans

CALLING ALL ROASTERS ON THE FORUM:

I'm looking to purchase your espresso blead roasted beans. I'm looking for some that have a smoke dark chocolate flavor, some single origin that is very lime and citrus forward, like Kyna AA, and something in the Italian style. I want 100% arabica beans and I want to know who has the best price here. Paying fifteen dollars for a twelve ounce bag is expensive. I will promote you on Instagram so come help a new commer to the home espresso world.

P.S. Don't recommend me to use Starbucks, I want to try out new flavors and treat this like craft beer and wine.

Last edited:

Musicphan

May 11, 2014
Kansas City
Visit site
Hey there.... a smoke dark chocolate and lime/citrus won't be found in many coffees. When you roast darker it caramelizes the sugars within the coffee and you lose acidity (lime/citrus notes). I offer two coffees that may fit the bill for your espresso needs... my primary espresso blend is called Crescendo. It's primarily Guatemalan and Brazil so you get that nice choco/nutty flavors and a touch of Sumatra for body/creme. It's designed to stand up to the milk/sugar most cafes use in drinks. The second option to consider is Melody - now its a what I call a dark roast coffee... but not to many. It just touches on 2nd crack so oils are just slightly coming out of the bean. Its a Peru based blend... smooth.. touch of sweetness but taking it that dark brings out the roasty flavor profile. Most of my coffees are pretty reasonably priced since most of my biz is mail order and of course shipping costs.

www.encorecoffeeco.com

Hit me up if you have questions.

derek.peris

Aug 15, 2018
Blaine, WA
Visit site
Coffe Music & Musicphan...its a match!

I like your choice and combo of beans, I second that motion.

As far as $ goes, $15 isn't awful, IF small batch vs mega batch size and certification. Organic vs conventional.

I am picky too but also grasp that there are cost involved to be a roaster, min wage in my state is nearly $15/HR, so times are a chang'n.

Good luck [emoji445]

Coffe Music & Musicphan...its a match!

I like your choice and combo of beans, I second that motion.

As far as $ goes, $15 isn't awful, IF small batch vs mega batch size and certification. Organic vs conventional.

I am picky too but also grasp that there are cost involved to be a roaster, min wage in my state is nearly $15/HR, so times are a chang'n.

Good luck [emoji445]

I buy locally roasted beans as I love the taste of fresh coffee. Fifteen dollars ins't bad for fresh coffee, but I won't pay eighty bucks for some special rare single origin coffee. I'm looking to see what you all sell by the pound in your stores and want to try a variety of coffees.

Basileus_Megas

Dec 5, 2018
Visit site
Hi, I am from Switzerland. Seems a bit further away but I buy from this store kx-oraio.com. My girlfriend bought me some espresso from there and I really like it. They get their coffee from a small roastery and it is 100% Arabica beans. It is 14$ per 500g bags. I don't know if you are interested in coffee from the other side of the world but Switzerland is known for quality.^^ If I like it you may do too since I really drink a lot of coffee and I don't consider all coffees I am offered as coffee.
I had a look at their site and they don't deliver out of the box to the US but you may contact them by the contact form and ask I guess.