Help: Sales Forecasting for New Business

Autumn

Mar 23, 2008
Visit site
Hello! :grin:

My husband and I are working on our business plan for a coffee cafe! We are planning on starting our own, as opposed to buying an established shop. Does anyone have experience in creating sales forecasts for start-up businesses? Any tips, thoughts, examples, or resources would be appreciated!!!!!! :)

Autumn

thoc

Mar 24, 2008
Hamtramck
Visit site
I would start at the city hall of your proposed city, get the demographic, and maybe stop by econ-developement get info regarding local and state grants, tax incentives etc, and loans from SBA.

Good Luck

John P

Jan 5, 2007
Salt Lake City
Visit site
See if your city or the local college has a small business development center of some sort.

Visit as many shops in the area as you can.

And when you run your projections, you can estimate whether they are realistic or not based on what others are capable (good and bad) of in your area.

CWL

Apr 12, 2008
Visit site
Forecasting

Most new coffee shop do a little less than 200,000 and make about 35000 the first year for the owner if they have a good location.

pbasskalas

Apr 8, 2008
Visit site
Re: Forecasting

CWL said:
Most new coffee shop do a little less than 200,000 and make about 35000 the first year for the owner if they have a good location.

This seems much too general of a statement. $200,000 in revenue in a large, west coast city would be nothing as oppose to a small southern town.