help, trying to make espresso in Mexico has special problems

bajmahal

Sep 12, 2006
Visit site
I am in need of some technical information,,,, I just bought 2 new Rancilio Epoca 1 group pour over machines, these 2 machines will be set up side by side in a remote location (souther Baja),,,, I will be supplying these machines with purified water because the tap water is not drinkable, purified water is available in 5 gallon plastic containers and I would like to plumb in a gravity water supply,,,, I need to know the process so I can supply water to these machines without filling the small reservoir, can I just plug the low water level auto shut off? I realize that the larger tube is the fill tube but I am not sure what to do with the smaller tube,,,, your help will be greatly appreciated, thanks in advance for your reply, David Webb

equus007

Apr 4, 2006
Austin, Tx
Visit site
tubes

not a very good idea to take the safety off the low water cut off unless you are going to be the one using it all the time. I had several machines on a similar system and baristas are notorious for not paying attention to the water level and then burning out countless costly coils. Why don't you want to fill the resiv.?

I'm not familiar with the specific machine. Where is this smaller tube you speak of. Gut feeling says it is the drain tube but thats just a guess. If you can get on to the maufactures web site and they should be able to help you out with your rig.

Baja huh. Must be nice. Watch the corrosion of your pipes. Salt water and ocean spray can kill a machine.

bajmahal

Sep 12, 2006
Visit site
Rancilio Epoca group 1 pour over

thanks for your input,,, the machines are Rancillo Epoca 1 group pour overs, the resevoirs are very very small,,,, I think that I have another solution for the low water level warning so that really isn't an issue,,,, I guess what I really need to kow is what is the additional small tube that runs into the resevoir? if it is some kind of overflow from the pump then I guess that I must conect it to the supply tube and I need to know how to disable the low water shut down feature,,,, any help from someone who is familiar with this machine would be very helpful,,,, thanks, David