Help with Choice...

wallisj

Mar 29, 2005
Visit site
hi there

In the market for a new bean > cup machine....
Either...saeco incanto digital delux or Jura E10....

View on either?
Thanks
Jamie

Deej

Mar 7, 2005
Oakland, CA
Visit site
I loved the looks of the Saeco but I have to tell you that the Starbucks version of the Saeco has crapped out on me after 2 days. I'm not so sure I trust the supers anymore, particularly the Saeco since the programming glitch was unfixable according to the tech guy. I tried the Jura in a Williams-Sonoma store under much less than ideal conditions and didn't like the output. For one thing I found the brew not hot enough, a common complaint amongst the superautos. It seemed that Saaeco at least had some control over teh temp as it had 5 temp settings.

Sorry I couldn't be of more help.

wallisj

Mar 29, 2005
Visit site
Well, in the end, i tried to buy the Saeco dig dlx, but the retailer had trouble with the machines being shipped out and eventually apparantly saeco in italy recalled them all....

So he offered me the incanto sirius for almost the same price as the dig dlx and included a set of 4 very nice porcelain espresso cups and saucers (which he has for £34 on hit site) for free and did next day shipping for free so i have no complaints with the retailer.

I have only used it for one weekend and am using the Has-bean espresso blend which i have developed a good taste for since using a few different brands and blends (both store shelf stock and online roasters)

It seems to make good espresso...certainly better than my Gaggia Compact Syncrony Digital which now is in repair for the second time in 3 months and its only 13 months old...new grinder and brew unit the first time...dunno about this time yet.

The crema is a nice thick creamy caramel colour with a little swirling on it. If i pull a 1oz shot i get about another 1.3oz in total the top 1/3 being crema...the shot pulls like a nice guiness .....taste is good, temp is v hot (not used a gauge), ceramic grinders are much quieter than the gaggias steel ones.

Overall i am impressed and happy....still messing with the SBS adjuster, but am happy with my initial shots.

Thanks for the feedback....anyone else in the UK used any online roasters and have some positive comments i would like to hear....always like to try a new blend.

Cheers
Jamie