help with older delonghi

caitlin

Nov 20, 2010
Visit site
i cannot make espresso. the water barely comes out of the filter. i've taken it apart, cleaned it, flushed with vinegar; still won't come out except maybe a drop or two. help? thanks.

shadow745

Aug 15, 2005
Central North Carolina
Visit site
Would help alot to know what type/model of DeLonghi it is. Is it a pump model with a water reservoir? A steam machine with a closed boiler system?

Vinegar is barely OK in a pinch, but I highly suggest using at least something like BrewRite, which is widely available at most grocery/department stores. Better yet would be food grade citric acid.

Have you tried cleaning the filter basket the grounds go in? Hold it up to light and you should be able to see through all the holes. If not it is clogged and this can be an issue. A good soak in something like OxyClean can make a big difference. It doesn't take much coffee/oils to clog these tiny holes. Later!

caitlin

Nov 20, 2010
Visit site
thank you. the model is Caffee Milano - has a water reservoir in back, coffee maker, espresso maker and frother.. i love it. yes i cleaned the basket - it wasn't that.. guess i'll look for some citric acid. thanks again for your time ;-)
!

shadow745

Aug 15, 2005
Central North Carolina
Visit site
Can you post the model number of the machine. Doing a search for that name is not producing great results. Anyway, when you turn it ON do you activate a pump to brew or is it a steam machine that builds up pressure and then forces water out of the group?

Have you changed brands/type of coffee? Do you grind or use preground? Later!