help with operation/cleaning procedure

mazur1

Jun 27, 2005
Visit site
Hi.

I recently decided to dive into making really good espresso and bought an espresso machine on the auction website. As usual I had to make it a project, so I bought a used Armellin Combi machine, 220V. The machine is a combination grinder/espresso machine. After getting the wiring done to get 220V, I finally got the machine to work and it does make a great espresso. The only problem is that the seller never found THE MANUAL :twisted:

...So...here I am enlisting some help to figure out how to clean it... and with a question about the operation of the machine.

The machine has commercial type portafilters.

First: The machine has five operational buttons with little icons drawn on them:

1) power button
2) grinder
3) espresso pump
4) ??
5) steamer

the button 4 has a similar icon in it as 3 but a bit smaller, and it also activates the espresso pump, but no water comes out. What is this used for??

Second, does anyone has a general cleaning procedure I could use on this machine?

Overall I'm very happy with the machine and have made some great espresso. It's very well built and the grinder works flawlessly. It's a swiss made machine, but I think the company no longer exists. Any help or information is appreciated.

Thanks.
--
Elias

celement

Apr 17, 2005
Modesto, CA
Visit site
Elias I know there are a lot more people who can help here better then I, but I suspect if you could post the brand and model it would be helpful....if you happen to hit one of mine I'd be glad to walk you through it....but based on what you typed I don't think its one that I have.

Also if you look up the company's web site they might have means of buying manuals on it?

Coffee Guy

Oct 19, 2003
Seattle,Washington USA
Visit site
Hey Elias:

You might also check to see if there are any espresso machine techs in your area that may be willing to help you. Another option may be to contact the person you bought it from and get more information like where they originally purchased it, etc.

mazur1

Jun 27, 2005
Visit site
machine picture....

Hi.

Thanks for your comments. Here is a picture of the machine...maybe someone can recognize and help me out. If someone has the manual, please let me know.

harmellin1.jpg

Thanks.
--
Elias

celement said:
Elias I know there are a lot more people who can help here better then I, but I suspect if you could post the brand and model it would be helpful....if you happen to hit one of mine I'd be glad to walk you through it....but based on what you typed I don't think its one that I have.

Also if you look up the company's web site they might have means of buying manuals on it?
[/img]