Help with our Diedrich IR-12

Cynthia

Sep 21, 2004
Visit site
Dear All,
I wonder if someone can help me. We're a coffee roasting company in China. Now we have just purchased a new Diedrich IR-12 from America. WE find that the sound in the blower is very high ,please advise me if it is normal? We also find that there's a lot of chauff in the exhaust duct, how about this? Can anyone who has experience in Diedrich roaster help me? With best regards.

Cynthia

California-Coffee

Apr 13, 2005
Visit site
We have a IR-24, it sounds like your fan is rubbing on the housing, clean inside housing. Unplug roaster and turn fan by hand feel if it is hitting any thing.

If you have a lot of chaff in the duct make you may need to clean your roaster more often.

Cynthia

Sep 21, 2004
Visit site
Dear California-Coffee,

Thank you very much for your help. We'll have the fan chenked as soon as possible.

Just during the first few days of our operating the machine, we found the much chaff flying through the dust. There cann't the accumulated chaff in the duct, wo we just wonder if there's some problem with it.

Best regards.
Cynthia

joel

May 13, 2005
Portland OR
Visit site
chaff should be cleaned out daily, if not after every roast.

The fan should also be cleaned out if nothing else weekly along with the entire exhaust line. If your fan gets choked the flame goes out mid roast and youve just ruined 10 LB. Ive witnessed this happen a few times, mostly from poor communication between roasters. I think chaff getting caught in the fan is a problem with diedrich roasters, and the fan does not look like it should be routinely cleaned as its all bolted on.

NW java how often do you clean up around the fan ?
is maintenance working smoothly?

-joel d