Help with prices for green coffee beans

Ionela

Mar 23, 2006
Visit site
Hello!
I am new in coffee business and that is why I am asking for help. I have found some coffee suppliers (I am still looking for new ones) and I have received some price offers. How do I know that the price is not too high? I believe nobody would quote cheaper prices.... Can anybody help me with this? Is there any site that gives information about that?
I have tried the nybot and liffe to find out, but it is too general. I need to know for some sorts of coffee... both arabica and robusta green coffee...
Thank you.

Ionela

Mar 23, 2006
Visit site
I am from Romania and I am looking for prices for these sorts of coffee: Columbia Supremo, Vietnam - robusta, Brazil Santos, India Cherry -robusta, Indonezia and Kenya. I would prefer to get in touch with producers or exportesr from the countries where the coffee is from.

If you are talking robusta, its pretty easy to work the pricing- unless the origin is super specialty (ie: washed Madagascar Robusta, or perhaps one of the high prepped Indian Robustas). For Arabica it takes a bit of working out. Thee days most specialty origins are somewhat removed from the old yardsticks. This is both a good and a bad thing- it means Arabicas are now governed to a certain degree by a origin specific supply and demand model- but the downside is high priced origins do not necessarily translate into high quality greens (especially if there is a lack of an origin regulatory board- :shock: ). Best- if its your first move into the business- to deal with brokers at your end. Although I am not a big broker fan, I will say that for a new entrant into the business the brokers will give you a heck of a lot of help and security. Otherwise, I am afraid there is a risk you will get burnt (and I am not talking about your roasting!)

Ionela

Mar 23, 2006
Visit site
Ok, so where can I see some prices for some sorts of green coffee beans? I need to compare prices that I already have....

Coffee Guy

Oct 19, 2003
Seattle,Washington USA
Visit site
Hi Ionela:

As A.E. explained, it's much better to start off with using a broker so you can get both an education and a beginning source for your greens. You will not find prices posted anywhere on line unless you are willing to purchase from someone with higher prices (mainly for home roasters). In addition alot will depend on the amounts of greens you are looking to purchase. Sometimes trying to go direct especially if you are just getting started may be a bad thing simply because without the experience you may get taken advantage of. For now I would suggest following A.E.'s suggestion. :wink:

joaquin

Aug 19, 2005
Puerto Rico
Visit site
coffee price = green

How much do you pay for 100 pounds of quality Puerto rico Coffee .
I cand send you a green sample .
then you re afirm the qualyty wen is delever .
Joaquin