help with salton ex20 espresso machine

twhitaker

Mar 28, 2005
Visit site
I "inherited" a salton ex20 espresso machine from my sister, but have no instruction booklet. Any ideas on how to get one or how to use this thing? I have emailed the company, but have gotten no response :( Thanks.

bobíssimo!

Jun 18, 2005
Carrollton, TX
Visit site
I too inherited this model from and with my wife. I do not have an instruction manual, but I have managed to figure a few things out. I still have questions about it, which is what lead me here.

There are two switches at the bottom that are not labeled. It seems like I can't use the espresso maker without turning on the coffee pot burner, so I just leave the coffee pot on the kitchen counter when I just want to make espresso.

To make espresso, I fill the espresso pot with tap water, and pour the water into steamer well (on the right), then tighten the cap. Make sure the milk steamer pipe is closed too. I fill the filter/strainer thing with ground coffee, set it in its little holder with the handle, and then attach it to the espresso maker by fitting it with the slots, and twisting hard to the right. I put the lid on the espresso pot, and slide the pot underneath the ground coffee holder, and then I flip both switches so they are lit (or plug it in with the switches already in place, since I never make regular coffee anymore).

About ten minutes and some strange gurgling sounds later, I have a tiny little pot full of espresso shots! I steamed milk once, but I think I need something else to put the milk in, because it splattered all over the place. To do that, I simply set the steamer pipe in some milk (use a tall container or something with a splash guard) and unscrewed the knob above it. I believe it starts to work immediately after the espresso is made.