Help with Toper roaster

H14

Dec 29, 2013
Visit site
I bought a Toper 10k roaster from a lady whose husband passed away. She didn't know anything about the roaster. I'm getting used to it but I'm having an issue where the temp controller, Emko ESM-4430 will inadvertently go out during the roast killing the flame and for no apparent reason it will come back on and everything will be fine until it does it again at any random time. Has anyone experienced this or have any ideas? Also looking for contact info for Toper, I sent a message to the e-mail address I have but never heard back.

topher

Super Moderator
Staff member
Aug 14, 2003
Boca Raton
Visit site
I used to have a 120, 10 and 2.5 toper. I had to learn how to fix it myself. I would email or send a instant message and never really got support. Check your probe wires. If it gets kinked it can go out every once in a while or have the temp display jump to all different numbers. If you can't figure it out I would contact an electrician. If they can't help. You could call paul ribich with roaster dynamics https://roasterdynamics.com/ He did/does work with Ambex and they are practically the same. Hope you get it worked out.

prairieguy

Sep 11, 2012
Saskatchewan
Visit site
I used to have a 120, 10 and 2.5 toper. I had to learn how to fix it myself. I would email or send a instant message and never really got support. Check your probe wires. If it gets kinked it can go out every once in a while or have the temp display jump to all different numbers. If you can't figure it out I would contact an electrician. If they can't help. You could call paul ribich with roaster dynamics https://roasterdynamics.com/ He did/does work with Ambex and they are practically the same. Hope you get it worked out.
What were your general thoughts on the toper? There doesn't seem to be much info here on the forums. I've been looking into them and they seem to be pretty heavy, lots of btu's and priced pretty good.

Sent from my LM-G900 using Tapatalk

Rustlen

Dec 9, 2020
Cwmbran
Visit site
Ohhh man, my mom actually has a Toper 10k roaster, she is having a tough time with it. You actually have to learn how to use it as it is a pretty ... problematic "device".

Christoferfer

Apr 29, 2021
Visit site
Hello there! I also had a lot of problems with my Toper 10k roaster. I tried to contact them and sent an email, but I did not hear back either. For instance, one time, at around 9 p.m., I wanted to cook something for the next day. The problem was that as soon as I turned on the roaster, the power went out. So annoying! Fortunately, a friend suggested I contacted gordonpowers; I got all their contact info from gordonpowers.com.au/inner-north/. They take care of all electrical services, and they provide 24-hour emergency electricians. Thank God for them and their 24-hour availability.

Last edited:

topher

Super Moderator
Staff member
Aug 14, 2003
Boca Raton
Visit site
I used Toper for years. Customer service back then was non existent. Any issue I had with the machines I would fix. They served me well and put out great product....that being said. If you are not good with your hands or mechanically inclined I would choose a different brand. What exactly are your issues? Maybe we can get you through.