Help with wholesaling

nzroaster

Jul 28, 2004
Qld, Australia
Visit site
Hi all, I've got a roastery/cafe and we have been open for 4 months now.

The feedback from our customers is absolutely great. We get the "this is the best coffee I've ever had" comment at least twice a day. (we are in a tourist spot so we get lots of travelers).

I have a few loyal mail-order customers and between that and the cafe I am roasting 100-120Kg/week. However, I would like to be Roasting and Selling closer to 300Kg/week.

I've been aproaching cafes for the past 6 weeks, with little success. I've got no doubt that I have a brilliant product, great pricing, and good peripheral products. The problem seems to be that nobody wants to take the risk of using an unknown brand. We have plenty of imported brands in the area.
Any help, please...

To get your foot in the door, I recommend 2 options. One is to create a custom blend for one of the cafes. The other is to have comment cards at your location with the question, "Where else would you like to have this coffee?" If you can collect a stack for one of the cafes, you can use that to demonstrate that there is consumer awareness/pull.

Good luck. Let us know what you try.

nzroaster

Jul 28, 2004
Qld, Australia
Visit site
Thanks, that is a great idea which I will definately try.

We do have 2 Accounts, both love the coffee and our service. Unfortunately 1 is in another state and the other is a fairly low volume place.