Help!

topher

Super Moderator
Staff member
Aug 14, 2003
Boca Raton
Visit site
Few other questions. How often do you change your water filter? How often do you break your grinder down and clean the burrs? Do you clean your portafilters with chemical? Dumb question but....is the filter in the portafilter? Lastly how much coffee are you dosing out per shot?

TruckGirl1362

Mar 18, 2022
Oregon
Visit site
Taking what to the scrap yard? What was the issue seeing it was without a doubt not the I can't

Taking what to the scrap yard? What was the issue seeing it was without a doubt not the grind?
Taking the machine to the scrap yard. It has had problems since I bought it and there is clearly something broken inside it. I've been fighting with it for 2 years and I'm just tired of it. The only place I found that would come look at it said they, "might be able to come out in May" and it's going to cost over $1,000 for them to come out. I'm going back to a machine brand I'm familiar with and know how to work on.

TruckGirl1362

Mar 18, 2022
Oregon
Visit site
Few other questions. How often do you change your water filter? How often do you break your grinder down and clean the burrs? Do you clean your portafilters with chemical? Dumb question but....is the filter in the portafilter? Lastly how much coffee are you dosing out per shot?
Everything is well cleaned, filters changed regularly even if they still look clean, using the same amount of coffee I've been using for the past 15 years packed the same way, coffee has been brought in ground by other grinders as stated in previous comments which is part of the reason I'm sure it's not the grind. I have a new machine coming in this month.

TruckGirl1362

Mar 18, 2022
Oregon
Visit site
UPDATE: Thank you all for your input in this. I have run out of ideas and am waiting for my new machine to get in. I'm going back to a brand I can work on and can't wait for it to get here. Wishing all of you the best and thanks again!

topher

Super Moderator
Staff member
Aug 14, 2003
Boca Raton
Visit site
Yikes. I am sorry you had to go through that! That is ridiculous! May and a grand for just the service call. I need to move out your way and clean up! What machine did you end up going with?

bikesandcoffee

Apr 11, 2022
Seattle
Visit site
I'm going back to a Rancilio. It's what I was trained on and they're easy to work on. I can't wait for it to get here.
Hey I'm curious what machine you're throwing away. I'm in the market for a broken machine ("fun" home fix-er-up project) and I'm in Seattle (close enough?)

EDIT: Re-read the start of the thread I see you're working with a Casadio Undici.

Super interested in taking this off your hands if you're serious about throwing it away!

Last edited: