Hi all, first post

johnthesignguy

Jul 17, 2021
Connecticut USA
Visit site
I just joined the forum. I have a problem with my Macap M4 grinder. After about 14 years my M4 has stopped working. Mine had a timer built in. You twist the knob to the number of minutes you'd like it to run, after the time set, it shuts itself off. The timer switch was always firm when turned it became a bit floppy so I assumed that was what was the problem so I ordered a replacement. I labeled all the wires as to where they go upon reassembly. Alas, there are two wires that are not clearly marked. I've searched for a wiring diagram but can't find one. Does anyone know of a wiring diagram or could someone post a photo of the wiring of their machine?
Macap M4.jpg

Musicphan

May 11, 2014
Kansas City
Visit site
"I labeled all the wires as to where they go upon reassembly. Alas, there are two wires that are not clearly marked"

This doesn't make any sense... were there more wires on the RPL than the original?

johnthesignguy

Jul 17, 2021
Connecticut USA
Visit site
No RPL looks exactly like original. My guess is that the timer is not what needs to be replaced. Until I get a wiring diagram or photo of the wiring on another M4T I won't be able to know for sure.