High-end two or three group espresso machines

slurp

Jun 24, 2014
Hollywood Fl
Visit site
We're not being haters. The problem is you troll the forum and try to push an espresso machine that for the most part is to expensive for your average user on everyone you see. We understand that you like your machine.

This thread is about "High-end two or three group espresso machines" and was not started by me, I offered advice to someone asking for it. Additionally I do not troll any where.
As to your independent groups, its a great concept until you get the repair bill for your 5 year overhaul but at that point you won't complain in the slightest. Because it comes back to what Jay Leno said about repairing a clutch. You don't buy a $100,000 car and complain about a $5000 clutch.

I am good on cash, and know all about maintenance :) This is not a thread about which machine cost least to repair it is about High End Machines. Everything needs to have maintenance, cars, boast, planes, fish tanks, generators, chain hoist and stages.

But it does burn my hide when anyone comes on here asking for advice and the only thing you can spew is that synesso. Try to help people for a change rather than being a in your face I have a synesso and everyone else sucks.

Once again the thread is about High End Espresso Machines and Synesso is on topic with this thread. In my opinion if it is not a Synesso it is crap. You may not like this opinion oh well it is my opinion. If you would like to talk about another subject than High End Espresso Machines the start new thread button is at the top left of the page. You can start a thread about anything you like. You have hijacked this on into a bash High End Machines and me. In fact I have never seen you start a thread on your own.

Your company website shows that you sell mid level machines that is great, surely your market in the middle of the corn fields is perfect place for those machines. In urban areas us city slickers have another idea of high end. And believe to or not we do not even have farm stores. If your hide is burnt maybe you should do an ALS ice bucket Challenge to cool it off, OR you can always go somewhere else.

You could have sold me lots stuff if you were smart and befriended me, instead you pick a fight with me in public. That is probably not the best image for your self or company.

Last edited by a moderator:

slurp

Jun 24, 2014
Hollywood Fl
Visit site
Dear Members,

First of all, thank you for the great information in this forum and for your continuous support.

I am currently looking for two or three group espresso machine in Montreal, QC, and I would like your advice on machines being able to pull great shots and has good warranty/service.

I am starting a coffee shop here and although I want my future-barista to be comfortable with the machine I get, I would still want him/her to be using a heavy-duty, elegant, and premium quality machinery that's able to pull consistently great shots.

I appreciate any feed back on which machines currently lead the North American market and are preferred by the market, or any advice on how to research what are the best local alternatives/suppliers.

Thank you in advance,
Admiral

Just in case CCafe forgot what this thread is about.

shadow745

Aug 15, 2005
Central North Carolina
Visit site
Slurp.... you MUST be just another yuppie wannabe coffee snob trying to be a bit different than the rest of the pack. I have seen it time and time again with the lame ass crews at some places local to me... roasters as well as cafes. They think the high end equipment and super uber ultra rare coffees that only they can source are what sets them apart, when nothing could be further from the truth. It just makes them stand out as the asses that they really are. Many are trying to be part of the "4th wave elite" somehow when the swill they serve with such arrogance usually isn't fit to be used for furniture polish.

FWIW the ALS thing is dragging out WAY too long. Who gives a rat's ass about that when so many more health issues plague the human race that get little to no attention. Maybe you should dump some ice water on that Synesso before it overheats. Then again, it would probably match your roast levels at that point.

PinkRose

Super Moderator
Staff member
Feb 28, 2008
Near Philadelphia, PA
Visit site
Hi Guys,

Wow! I'm experiencing a bit of "Déjà vu" with how this thread is going. If I recall correctly, the last time it happened, a valuable long-time member got himself banned for not playing nice.

Please don't let this topic get out of control.

Rose

Last edited:

topher

Super Moderator
Staff member
Aug 14, 2003
Boca Raton
Visit site
Shadow and CCafe....slurp might be a bit over the top when he is talking about his Synesso I chalk it up to passion. Trust me when I say he is not a yuppie. His machine puts out amazing shots...but as ccafe said above I have had amazing shots on less expensive machines as well. This topic was about high end machines and I think its almost time to shut it down before it gets any uglier..lets all play nice..at the end of the day we are here to share our passions for the coffee industry.

JumpinJakJava

Dec 12, 2011
Thomaston, CT
Visit site
PR and Topher, I believe it is time to shut this thread down. This forum should maintain the integrity of mutual respect for all members.
C'mon does anybody agree on everything? If we are all honest, biases toward equipment, roast times, brewing, etc. we all have.
Be honest! Hate me for the post, I have the thickest skin around. I enjoy the forum like thousands do, is this the direction we would like to
see it go? Seen too much elitism on other forums. Guys let's shake hands and move on!

PinkRose

Super Moderator
Staff member
Feb 28, 2008
Near Philadelphia, PA
Visit site
This was a legimitate thread about a legimitate topic.

It should not have been closed just because some of the members started to get out of hand and make hurtful comments.

We all can't agree on every topic. The idea is to have an intelligent discussion. Being passionate about a particular machine is absolutely no excuse for rudeness.

Instead of requesting that we shut down the entire thread, a (two-week) time out for the hurtful parties would have been a better idea.

I think Topher should un-lock it.

Rose

Last edited:

topher

Super Moderator
Staff member
Aug 14, 2003
Boca Raton
Visit site
Unlocked. I locked it because it was getting off subject and unprofessional. So you all can get back to posting on this thread. I'm staying out of it.

PinkRose

Super Moderator
Staff member
Feb 28, 2008
Near Philadelphia, PA
Visit site
Dear Members,

First of all, thank you for the great information in this forum and for your continuous support.

I am currently looking for two or three group espresso machine in Montreal, QC, and I would like your advice on machines being able to pull great shots and has good warranty/service.

I am starting a coffee shop here and although I want my future-barista to be comfortable with the machine I get, I would still want him/her to be using a heavy-duty, elegant, and premium quality machinery that's able to pull consistently great shots.

I appreciate any feed back on which machines currently lead the North American market and are preferred by the market, or any advice on how to research what are the best local alternatives/suppliers.

Thank you in advance,
Admiral

Okay, now we're back to the original request for information.

Please be respectful and professional in your responses.

John P

Jan 5, 2007
Salt Lake City
Visit site
So,

I stand by my first post. Talk to Scott Rao at Myriade.

And some facts for everyone.

In terms of "high-end" machines, LaMarzocco will be the easiest to find a service network for. If you're not a hands on kinda person, it's probably your best bet. I wouldn't personally consider Nuova Simonelli a high-end machine, even their T3. Just my opinion. Technologically sound, but harder to service. Not built as well as LM or Synesso.

I have known Mark and Sandy at Synesso before they were Synesso. I was the first person, outside of David Schomer, to place an order with them when they were Treuh. Despite his overenthusiasm, everything that slurp said about Synesso is true.
In terms of best value for the money on a high-end machine, Synesso is it. Great people. Great company. Great machine.

Both Kees and Mark Barnett worked as designers for LM in their respective areas before each starting their own companies.

As the founding member of Slayer, literally stole proprietary info from Treuh/Synesso, I have no other comments but "Boo!" on them.

In the end, you need to decide whether you can service the machine yourself by technical manual and/or over the phone, or if you need someone to do it for you, this will honestly decide whether you do LM or anyone else.

peterjschmidt

Oct 10, 2013
Milwaukee, WI
Visit site
A question comes to mind, as to how much of a Synesso's capabilities or functions the average shop or barista would use. The pressure profiling, variable preinfusion, etc... I wonder if the machine gets set up for a given coffee/blend and then left alone. Just wondering, that's all.

Coffeefix

Dec 17, 2014
United Kingdom
Visit site
Top statement Shadow745!
I have spent hours playing with PID systems, quite incredible how you can make the same coffee taste completely different at the touch of a button!
Like you, I like the old lever machines. Reliable, easy to service, acurate dosing... They look good too.
They aren't perfect and some are very hot for instance, find a coffee that suits one though and wow.
I've also been playing with an Iberital Expression 2 group PID twin boiler machine - honestly, espresso shots can be fine tuned in far more ways than a Marzocco Linea with PID that we also have in stock at a fraction of the price.
Far easier to service too - took out the main boiler to descale it in around ten minutes, try that on a Linea.
So many think that buying a top of the range "name" will guarantee great coffee. So much BS in the barista world!