How do you quality check yourt baristas?

Kudzu Koffee

May 24, 2005
Visit site
Wondering how any of you check on the quality and consistency of drinks going out? I'm always nervous a bad drink is going to go out. Any input?

NordstromCoffee

Jan 22, 2005
Visit site
We make our employees time their espresso. I also throw an extra cup in the line that is different then the other beverages that are being ordered and when they call it out I take it and try it.

How do you check yourt barista?

Teach it like it was magic.

There will be no foolish steam wand-waving or silly infusion brewing in this class. As such, I don't expect many of you to appreciate the subtle science and exact art that is espresso-making. However, for those select few... who possess, the predisposition... I can teach you how to bewitch the mind and ensnare the senses. I can tell you how to bottle fame, brew glory, and even pour a perfect rosetta so someone can happily embrace death.

nzroaster

Jul 28, 2004
Qld, Australia
Visit site
Spark the passion within them, involve them in any coffee realted decisions, make them be their own critique. Once they have started the quest you will never have to check/worry about their quality.

Kudzu Koffee

May 24, 2005
Visit site
NordstromCoffee said:
We make our employees time their espresso. I also throw an extra cup in the line that is different then the other beverages that are being ordered and when they call it out I take it and try it.

I'm not so sure about the magic, but this sounds reasonable. Thanks.